Monday 12 April 2010

Cards for Men - Challenge Eight - Fancy Folds

Well here we are at Challenge Number Eight Fancy Folds, and weve had some really lovely followers who keep coming back and entering our Challenges and Im so hoping that they will enjoy taking part it this fortnights challenge as well, as I do so enjoy visiting them and seeing their fabulous creations.
This fortnights Challenge is being sponsered by Freshly Brewed Designs, who have kindly agree to offer a fabulous $10 gift voucher to the winner.
Here is what Heather says about herself and her company :-
Hi. I am Heather Dennis. I am a homeschooling mother of 2 wonderful children, the wife of 12 years to the love of my life, a Christian and the owner of Fresh Brewed Designs. I have loved to draw and create ever since I was a child. My daughter has inherited my love of art and recently inspired me to start creating again.
All the images in my shop are hand drawn. I offer a wide range of images from coffee, cute and inspirational.I also love to create custom drawn images, so if you are looking for anything in particular, please feel free to drop me an email.http://shophandmade.com/store/joemama
I have for my card used Heathers "Surfer Tommy" :-
My card was created by using a A4 piece of white card, but before folding it into three, I created the basic card design into three, by masking of the sky with some plain paper and the sand by tearing along one edge and sticking it to the bottom to give the elusion of sand. Then by using my brayer and Adirondack Sailboat Blue inkpad, I firstly inked up the brayer and ran if over a piece of scrunched up paper to create the water effect then ran it over the middle of my card, trying not to create lines, which isnt easy. After it was dry I then took of the sky mask and using a lighter blue inkpad and ran it along the top.
The two images were created firstly by taking the image into my graphics program and flipping it to create the mirror image then printing them onto white card after which I coloured them with my copic pens and cut them out completely. These where then stuck at the bottom on the sand then I spread glue across and sprinked some bright yellow flock on top to give the illusion of sand (it did make a bit of mess as it went everywhere), anyway I then left it all to dry.
I punched out a circle for the sun then popped it at the top before then folding the card into three, I used a piece of foam and a white inkpad to create some clouds in the sky and foam on the sea, after which I also used a snow writer to dribble in place on the sea for foam and along the sand edge just to give it some dimension. I stuck a seagull button at the top and the sentiment was created on my computer before printing it and mounting it onto a piece of blue card, then stuck it to the top on the left hand side.

23 comments:

Rach said...

Gorgeous Shirley, hope you enjoyed your weekend.xx

Melodie said...

Hi Shirley,
such a wonderful summer-card.
Hugs
Melodie

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

WOW! You really went all out masking your images and all the lovely things you did to create your card! I just love how you colored surfer Tommy! The waves and sand are just fabulous!!!

Danielle said...

What an awesome card Shirley! The image is fab and I love the scene you created!!
Hugs, Danielle

sundownerin said...

nice, nice, nice, i like it! looks fresh and make me feel summer is comming!

have a nice day!!

Enfys said...

Another fab male card Shirley, really made me think of summer...
big hugs
En xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Shirley, perfect for those awkward cards for teenagers!!
Angela x

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card Shirley.
luv
Debby

Paula said...

Hiya Shirley, this is such a fabulous male card i love those images and what a great fold.

Hugs Paula xxxx

Renee said...

Shirley this is my first time visiting your blog, but it surely wont be my last!! :D This summer card is fantastic, i love it.
Blessings, Renee

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

Such a cute summer card!!

Donna said...

Hiya Shirley,
Just wanted to stop by and say thank you for the lovely comments you've left on my blog since I came back, and what a fabulous card......wish the weather was that nice here....lol
hugs
Donna xx

CraftyC said...

Fab card Shirley, its so cheery to. Sorry for not being about, thats families for you!
Clairex

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous summer card Shirley!! Love all the masking and coloring!! Fab scene!
hugs,
Chris

Jules said...

Hi Shirley

This is really bright and beautiful.

Makes me think of summer holidays!!

Love Jules xx

Christa said...

great surf summer card hugs christa

Unknown said...

LOVE your summery card Shirley!
Can't wait for it to arrive after seeing your fab card my friend.
Hugs to you, Viv xxx

Janet said...

A lovely Summer scene.....what a fabulous card!......making me think of my holidays.....hope everything is ok with you Chuck!xx

Debbie said...

A fabulous summer card Shirley, I love your folds and the image is so cool!
Hugs
Debbie x

Patricia St Martin said...

Shirley, wonderful card, all the extra you did are great. It is a wonderful summer card. My son is doing fine now but I am glad we went.

issy said...

Super card Shirley, I lovely one for the summer (if we have one this year)lol

x
issy

issy said...

I dont know what happened then Shirley, but it deleted a sentence when I supmitted it.

it was:- Boy what a lot of work. but it was well worth it.

issy

Michelle said...

It seems that there are lots of things that one can do in an a4 card. I do love your card and it is so cute!