Friday 16 April 2010

One Card for Two Challenges - Just Magnolia and Stampin for the Weekend

Hi Girls, the sun is out but its still a bit windy and rather cold but at least its dry and it makes you feel a bit better than yesterday when it was so dull. Anyway todays card has been created for two Challenges, Just Magnolia's "Mina Sketch" and Stampin for the Weekend's "Ribbons and Bows". And Ive used the new Magnolia Stamp Club stamps that I received this week in the post.
The first one is Tilda, Ive stamped her onto white card then masked her to stamp the window behind her, then coloured her with my copic pens and some ice stickles on her dress and bow in her hair, after which I cut her out with my Oval Nestabilitie die, and created a mount from beige pearlescent card. The sentiment was created on my computer and printed then mounted on another piece of beige card.
The base card is 7"x 7" white card with a first layer of blue card and a pretty paper that I found in my stash, the second layer is a piece of lighter beige card with a rose patterned paper stuck to it, this was then posititioned on the first layer. I then tied a bow onto two pieces of ribbon and attached them to the back of the first layer, after which I stuck my mounted image over the second layer. The sentiment was stuck across the corner at the top on the left.
I created a bouquet of flowers for the bottom with two white roses and one blue and some pearl sprays, these were then stuck below my image with some silicone glue, and three pearl studs were stuck at the top on the right hand side down the edge, just to balance up the card.
I want to thank you so much for all the enquiries about my health, Im now back in full swing and even back to swimming again, also doing my Wii Keep Fit jogging in the morning, mind you its a good job you carnt see me, as even my hubby smiles when Im jogging along with the little Mii people. Anyway thanks girls hope you all have a wonderful weekend, with love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxxx

30 comments:

Rach said...

love the bling on this card Shirley, this little tilda is adorable. great sentiment to. lol i can imagine you running along with your Mii's.. bless. keep up the good work..x

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Oh how beautiful this is! I love your color combo, the ever so sweet images and these gorgeous flowers!!!
Glad today is brighter and better. Hope you get warmer weather soon!

Wishcraft said...

Wow, stunning card! Tilda looks lovely in the window and the colours & details are gorgeous. Lisa x

Stef H said...

oh i wish i had a window like that to look out of! this is beautiful!! and you've got the prettiest ribbons too!

wii fit - good for you. i walk around the block. i should do it every day and i try to, but sometimes LAZY just sets in - lol!

Unknown said...

Shirley she is gorgeous, the sparkle is fab!!!
Your very good swimming and jogging with the mii's, our never gets out from under the tv stand???
Angela x

Janette said...

Great card again Shirley,so love the layout,very pretty,have a nice week-end.xx

Danielle said...

How adorable Shirley! Love these new stamps and you've done a fabulous card with them! Loving the sparkle and that gorgeous big bow!! Glad you're feeling better and back to your swimming and wii jogging!
Hugs, Danielle

sundownerin said...

very pretty, like all your projekts, beautiful!
i hope you will feel better with every hour the sun is shining!
many hughs

celia said...

Shirley!Wat knap! Je kaartje en dan vooral je magnoliatje is prachtig!!!Zo mooi gekleurd!Dikke proficiat!
Ik hoop dat alles vlug naar wens verloopt!Liefs,Celia.

Sue said...

Hi Shirley
wow hun totally gorgeous card, luv the layout on it, beautiful papers & embelies.
Was chilly here this morn but quite nice this afternoon, sue,x

Rosis Stöberseite said...

Oh Shirley, already with the new stamp. I'm right jealous. A great card and beautiful details. Wish you a nice weekend.
Hugs
Rosi

Anonymous said...

Shirley- I love to have a look at your cards! They are so fantastic
Hugs
elma

Jodi said...

This is just adorable and so very pretty! I love the bling you added on your card and the color combo is perfect too!!
Gorgeous flowers!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Cami said...

Oh Shirley, your card is so pretty! I love how Tilda is looking out from her window and the bling. The soft blues are calming and pretty! Lucky you, you got your Spring kit already and can play with them! Hugs, Cami

Donna said...

oh Wow Shirley, this is fabulous, I love how you've down the window area with Tilda and then cut it out in an oval shape......looks smashing. Great ribbon and bow too.
hugs
Donna xx
Keep up the good work on the Wii......I must get back to it myself, shame on me.

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Shirley this is a stunner those colours are gorgeous and loving that Tilda and your bow is lush.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Lavender and old lace said...

beautiful work Shirley xxxxDorothy

Debbie said...

Oh this is gorgeous Shirley, Tilda look fab looking out of her window and I love all the sparkle.
I have a Wii fit to but have to admit to not using it for over a year! lol
Have a great weekend!
Hugs
Debbie x

Di said...

Love the glitter and the beautiful bow!
Thanks for joining SFTW!
Hugs Di xxxx

ladyjanet_56 said...

this is beautiful nannie, I love princess Tilda do you want to share her? good luck in the challenges. Janet

debby4000 said...

Oh WOW gorgeous card Shirley, love the fabby ribbon and sweet Tilda.
luv
Debby

brenda said...

Morning Shirley

This is lovely, beautiful ribbon and really like how you have kept to the one colourway.

Have a good weekend.

B x

Melodie said...

Really beautiful, dear Shirley, I love the glitter.
Hugs
Melodie

Jessie said...

What a stunning card Shirley! I love the big bow, so pretty :)

Paula said...

Oh this is beautiful Shirley i love those colours and the image and such great detail.

Hugs Paula xxxx

Spyder said...

A beautiful card Shirley, I'm missing having no time to use my only two Tilda's, they are so cute and this one is lovely!!

(Lyn)

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Shirley, so pretty, aren't these stamps all just adorable?
I'm so pleased you are feeling better now, well done you for all your mii's swimming and jogging, it's hilarious watching people playing on the Wii
love and hugs Mandy xx

Christine said...

Hi Shirley this is one awesome creation fab colours & the glitter & bow are gorgeous stunning image...

luv n hugs Christine xx

Mina said...

wow Shirley this is just beautiful, stunning colouring and your flowers are just perfect...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
Mina xxx

Dawn said...

Wow so beautiful, fantastic card!