Monday 26 April 2010

Cards for Men - Challenge Nine - "Monochrome/Anniversary"

Wow here we are at Challenge Nine, and for the last challenge we had over 50 entries, well done girls hope you enjoyed taking part, this one is a little more easier or at least I think so, you need to create a card that incorporates " Monochrome" but to help you Donna also decided to add the Wedding Anniversary aspect as well, so good luck hope it doesnt cause you to much difficulty if it does you will have to blame her.
Donna is also sponsering this challenge and she has offered to give a £10. voucher as a fabulous prize, also if you read what she says herself you will discover that she is also offering a 10% discount during the time of the Challenge,
and here is the link to her webshop.
Here is what Donna says about herself and her fabulous shop :-
At Donna's Den of Crafts we stock a wide range of products from Dovecraft, DCWV, Spellbinders, Crafter's Companion, Crafting with Stephanie, Joanna Sheen and so on. We are a small home-run business and pride ourselves on customer service. We have a fixed P&P of £1.00 regardless of the size of order. Most orders are sent out within 24 hours of payment subject to stock levels.
It's quite hard to do when it gets to my turn as I never know what to say. A reminder of the challenge, the theme is 'Monochrome' and the challenge will run from 26th April to 9th May. The prize will be a £10 gift voucher to use at Donna's Den of Crafts and there will also be a 10% discount voucher valid for the term of the challenge. The code for this will be CFM0410.
Im sure you will be delighted and thrilled at what you can obtain from her webshop.

Here is my card for the Challenge, Ive actually created it for a very dear pair of friends of mine, they are quite young and funky so I felt although its supposed to be basically masculine this also does well as a couple card as well.
Ive used my Just-Rite stamps for this card, the  main image is a beautiful Poppy image which I have coloured with my Faber Castell Prisma pencils and the sentiment is another of the same make of stamps, both were cut out with the circle Nestabilitie die punch and the mount which I have used a lovely beige card was cut with the scalloped die.
The base card is a 6.50"x 5.50" size card with a first layer of the same beige card, and one of three papers that I received in my Making Cards magazine this month, I really felt the colurs went down well for this card. I know Ive not totally kept to the same colour tone on the colouring but your hardly likely to find a beige/brown poppy so I hope I get forgiven by my leader for taking liberties.
Anyway I hope you take part in this fortnights challenge and enjoy it to.

21 comments:

Rach said...

you pulled this one off brilliantly Shirley.. i am sure that it is going to be well received... brilliant.xx

Donnas Den said...

Great card, Shirley. I'm sure the happy couple will love it.

Unknown said...

Hi Shirley
of course you would be forgiven gorgeous card, love the colours, beautifully done.
Christine x

PinksyDoodles said...

This is gorgeous Shirley. I love the poppies - one of my favourite flowers.
Have a great week.
Clare x

Anonymous said...

fantastic card- I like it!
Hugs
Elma

Unknown said...

Shirley, this is one gorgeous card and I'm sure tyour young friends are going to love it! (I'm sure Donna would forgive you anything)! ;0)
Hugs Viv xxx

Danielle said...

Beautiful card Shirley - great choice of papers for this! Love the image - I'm sure your friends will love this!
Hugs, Danielle

Janette said...

Great card Shirley,and so love that sentiment...sweet.x

Claire Phillips said...

Fab card Shirley! Great Anniversary card for a man or a couple indeedy! Wher have I been? Can't believe I have missed so many of your lovely projects - wonderful cards and oh! so cute grandchildren.....The sale doesn't start until May - I was just giving erveryone a heads up(so hopefully peeps didn't buy anything too close to sale - mmmmm so sorry if I confused matters)Cheers Claire x

Renee said...

you did a fantastic job!! I am sure your friends will love it ~hugs and blessings

Stef H said...

oh wow! this is absolutely gorgeous! i love the color combo! and your coloring is super!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What gorgeous flowers Shirley!! I just love your coloring!! I am sure this will be very well received!!
hugs,
Chris

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Shirley,i love your image.
So gorgeous papers and colours.

Hugs Riet.xx

CraftyC said...

A beautiful card Shirley. Love the colours and a wonderful sentiment!
Clairex

coldwaters2 said...

Oh WOW Shirley this is stunning I love the colours and that image is so beautiful a wonderful creation my friend.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Christine said...

Hi Shirley gorgeous card lovely image, DP's & colouring sure they will love it.

luv n hugs Christine xx

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Shirley, love the browns in the papers, and the poppy image is stunning with the way you've colored it. Fabulous job
hugs
Donna xx

Patricia St Martin said...

Love your card sweetie, you did a beautiful job. I feed you fish for you so do not over feed them.
Hugs.

mi sello personal said...

Hi dear,fantastic as always...lotsa love..........Laura

Bev said...

Absolutely stunning!! Wow Shirley this card is amazing sweetie, this is one they will treasure for sure x

Kath said...

Oh Shirley i love your picture card it is so pretty and looks like it took a long time to do?I am not over keen on roses but this one is so pretty that i will try to make myself.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Love Kath x x x