Tuesday 17 November 2009

Another Xmas Card for one of My Daughters



I think you should know I have five daughters between my husband and I, his two and my three, and I stupidly had forgotten that when I was making the family ones, so thats how two of them got left out, luckily this is the last one, and tomorrow I will post my card for my Mother-in-Law, though Ive still got a few to make for friends, I think that maybe the close family ones could now be all done.
Todays card is another of the Home Grown stamps from Sugar Nellie, this is a sweet image of a young lass feeding a fawn, Ive stamped her out onto white card and coloured her with my copic pens. The base card is a 8"x 8" white card, and for the first layer I have used a dark blue pearlescent card, with one of three designs again from the Funky Fairy Downloads, this set are the reverse colours to the blue set I used yesterday, and the basic design of the card is also very similar instead its been done on the diagonal. On the two layers I have used the snowflake border punch again and then positioned them in the left hand corner, I also cut the pink embossed card to fit as well, to finish of I have layed some lace and ribbon across as and stuck to the back before sticking the whole thing to the base card.
I then positioned my stamped image, which I had mounted onto another piece of the dark blue card, onto my card in the centre and my mounted greeting to the right hand side at the bottom, I used foam tape for both to raise it up a bit. The snowflakes are punched out pieces of the left over pink paper, and the white ones are ones that I got free with a magazine.

24 comments:

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Befutiful card! I love this image and layout.
Hugs
Helena

Mandy said...

Hi Shirley, hope your well...gorgeous card..love the sweet little girl image and the layout and papers are lovely..
Mandy xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Shirley,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Leann said...

Just beautiful Shirley!
Hugs x

Melodie said...

Because my english is so bad, i can not write, what i feel.
Your card is so wonderful, and I like the colours.
Hugh
Melodie

dolcreations said...

That image is adorable, perfect for your daughters Christmas card! you coloured beautifully and layed out the card perfect! Beautiful!
Christine

Donnas Den said...

Lovely card, Shirley. I'm not surprised you've been a bit forgetful with all that's gone on lately. Hope everything goes well next week ( or as well as it can).

Bye for now,

Donna

Kimmi said...

Very sweet card Shirley. Love the image and those colours are just so pretty!

Hugs

Kimmi xx

Christine said...

Hi Shirley another stunner here girl..LOL.I do like these SN images you colour them in beautifly

Hugs Christine xx

Anonymous said...

such a nice card!
Hugs from elma

Mrs Bs Blog said...

Beautiful card! I love the stamp used.xxx

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

What a cute little stamp!! Beautiful card as always!

Danielle said...

Beautiful Shirley! I love the embossed paper and the image is just gorgeous!
Hugs, Danielle

Lavender and old lace said...

lovely cards Shirley, your girls will be so happy with there cards love Dorothy

Denise Clark said...

Shirley, another absolutely sweet image and you've done a beautiful job with it! Love the soft pink! Your daughter is going to love it!

mueppi said...

Hi Shirley
another wonderful card with such a lovely image and colours!!!
Take care!
Big hugs hun Gisela

Saskia said...

Ooooh.... so sweet and so cute, lovely card!

Saskia :)

Pattie G said...

Oh My Gosh Shirley. This card is so beautiful! The papers you chose are fabulous and I love your image as well.

hugs
Pattie

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

A really beautiful card Shirley.
Hugs, Sylvia xxxxx

mi sello personal said...

Hi my dear Shirley ,as always beautiful cards ...hugs Laura

Zwissel said...

Hi Shirley,
the map is a dream,
Very well everything fits wonderfully the Komi and it.
Quite dear wishes for you.
Doris

Aladori said...

Blue and pink - I like it! :)

Sue said...

aww gorgeous card Shirley, luv the image, have left you a little something on me blog hun, sue.x

Anne said...

Hi Shirley.
Your card is beautiful and the image is lovely!

Greetings from Anne (Norway)