Thursday 12 November 2009

Sample No.5 for Sarah - Hedgehog Gateleg Card


Todays sample for Sarah is a Hedgehog Gateleg Card, this is another of the beautiful images from her new Woodland Treasures Cd, you will be able to buy if from her website http://www.spanglefish.com/peerlessdesigns/ as Ive said before you will find some really beautiful cds there and they are p&p free.
The main image was mounted onto some mount board and then triple embossed to make it really thick and shinny, it was then mounted onto a piece of gold mirri board. The Sentiment is one of my greetings stamps that I have in my craft stash, this was stamped onto a piece of white card and also mounted on to gold mirri card.
The base card is 8"x 8" white card, but has been folded with the opening in the centre instead of the side, onto these two sides I have mounted firstly two pieces of gold card and one of the gorgeous backing papers that has been cut to fit on the mounts, after which I have placed and stuck half of my mounted topper on one half of the gate fold, and the same with the sentiment.  
Before creating the flowers for the front, I decided to finish of the inside behind the gatefold opening as it was right in your face when you did so, this was done with the same backing paper but I took it into My Craft Studio and put a white rectangle into the centre for the verse, then after that I mounted this onto another piece of the same gold mirri board stamped a verse onto it and then stuck it inside my card.
Then to finish of Ive used some punches that I bought from my lovely German friend Birsel from http://hobbyvita.blogspot.com/ and they are really lovely and easy to use, as its a two step thing you have to have two punches for each layer, one to punch out the shape and the other to shape the punched out shape (hope you understand what Im saying), these are then layered up, as there is two different sizes of punches and a punched out centre. I then punched out some fern leaves and arranged them in a circle with some silicone glue, and popped my flowers on top, but to finish them of I have used some yellow stickles in the centre for a change.
Again I want to thank you for the lovely comments you ladies have been leaving me, Im coping quite well though I have been suffering with a bladder infection which is extremely painful, but it seems now to be under control. But it is my poor brother who got the short end of the stick as hes having to do all the arrangements and so far its not going as easy as we hoped, as my mum died within 24hours after being taken into hospital there had to be a coroners inquest into what happened, so until her body been released we carnt even book a date for the funeral. So please keep praying that it wont take to much longer and we can at last start to grieve and say goodbye to her.
Thank you again for your support, I will start hopefully my blog hopping at the weekend, bless you and keep us in your prayers. With love and hugs Shirleyxxxxxxxxxxxxx

10 comments:

Mandy said...

Hi Shirley, another stunning card..love it..sorry your not feeling too well must be awful on top of everything else..hope everything sorts out for your family soon so you can at least move forward a little..lots of huggles(hugs and Cuddles).. to you all..take care.
Mandy xx

Melodie said...

Sorry, but I don't understand, what you have written, but your card is so beautiful. I like it so much.
Greetings
Melodie

Pattie G said...

Oh my! This is so beautiful and all the hard work that went in to it is appreciated. You are one talented lady.

hugs
Pattie

Sue said...

oh wow hun you have done some stunning cards with the cd, luv the badger one to, stunning creations hun, sue.x

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Gorgeous card! I live image and your lovely colors.
Hugs

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Hi Shirley,
Visit mine блог please, I have for you some award.

brenda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
brenda said...

Hi Shirly

Sorry about the last post, still having a few internet issues.

I am so so sorry abot your news, I lost my mum and Dad during the lasy year as you know, both so suddenly so can understand a bit of what you are going through.

Can sympathise with the bladder problem as well.

I will be thinking about you and your family, take care.

B x

Domna said...

Shirley, this card is very warm, kind and sincere. I want to wish a health to you and your family...

Kimmi said...

Gorgeous card Shirley. Love the Hedgie! One of my favourite wild life animals that I hardly ever see any more :( Beautiful work!

Kimmi xx