Monday 2 November 2009

Samples for Sarah - Exploding Birdhouse



Today Im going to be posting one of my samples from Sarah Hallam's new cd which is to be previewed on Create and Craft on the 15th November at 12pm, if youd like to pop across to her website you will be able to see more information and catch all her other beautiful cds, she is a wonderful talented lady who creates all the images herself this is her website http://www.spanglefish.com/peerlessdesigns/newreleases.asp.

This is my first sample Ive tried to create an exploding Birdhouse rather than and exploding box. As you can see its made on the same principle as the exploding box but with a apex on two of the outside pieces to allow you to pop the roof on, in one of the end pieces Ive cut two doors and stuck two brads in holes I punched to allowe them to be opened. Ive used three layers inside, the first one, the outside one is a 4"x 4" size squares in a X formation so you have a square in the centre, this is for sticking them one on top of the other, and these have been covered with one of Sarahs papers that you will find on her Cd. The front one was then cut to create a door and behind this I have stuck a piece of Acetate and then printed an owl image to stick to it, to make it look as though a owl is hiding inside.                                                 
 I then left it ready to pop the other layers inside and got on with the second and third layers.         
The inside pieces were create with firstly a 3.50"x 3.50" squares and the third layer is a 3"x 3" squares, each of the panels was mounted with the owl images, I picked several different images to use for this and mounted them all onto square pieces of gold textured board, and stuck them to the panels. In the centre of the exploding box I found one of Sarahs Decoupage images, this one has octagon pieces that Ive cut out and mounted with some sticky pads to raise if of the bottom picture.

The exploding box was then mounted up together in layers and I then popped the roof piece which was created from one piece of card 10"x 5" scored and folded in the centre, and two side pieces were created by scoring 1" in on either side of the long side, two little pieces were clipped out at the apex, and it was stuck in a A shape, then popped on top of the roof.

I hope I have bored you to much with my long explanation, but it wasnt the easiest of things to explain.

15 comments:

cats whiskers said...

Oh wow sweetie this is just fantastic I just love your work with Sharahs CDs
Hugs Jacqui x

Saskia said...

Wow, wow... lovely work!!!!

Saskia :)

Unknown said...

What a fantastic idea, this looks beautiful!!
hugs Angela x

mueppi said...

Hello Shirley
that`s a wonderful work like all of you!!!
I hope you feel well!!
I send you a lot of hugs from the cold and raining germany
Hugs Gisela

Swaantje said...

Ohhhhhhh what a fantastic work.
This is sooo lovely, very cute,Shirley..

Have a nice evening..
Many greetings
from Germany ;o)

Sue said...

Hi Hun
that is gorgeous hun stunning work, i see you have made the DT for men only cards, congratulations hun, sue,.xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is brilliant what a fabulous idea.
luv
Debby

Paula said...

oh wowsers this is just fabulous Shirley.
Paula xxxx

hobbyvita said...

hallo Shirley
woof what dreamlike map. It looks wonderful and sometimes another map form I have never seen, made great!

LG

Birsel

Chris said...

Amazing work Shirley, your exploding box is superb and I love the images too. It must have taken you hours to make it but worth every minute, really stunning. Hugs, Chris xx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

tHESE ARE JUST GORGEOUS HUNNY I LOVE THE IMAGES THEY ARE FABULOUS! HUGS LINDA X

Poppy said...

wow its great Shirley.
poppy

sandra said...

Fantastic!
I loooove houses!
I'm making them myself and have them all around my house!
Yours is so adorable!
Hugs!
Sandra!

rozzyb said...

OH WOW! I love this. Such a great design for an exploding box. I love it
Hugs rozzy xx

Spyder said...

This is soooo brilliant Shirley!! You are so clever! Lovely work,
((Lyn))