Saturday 28 November 2009

Whiff of Joy Challenge - A Christmas Card



My card today is for the Whiff of Joy Challenge, A Christmas Card, Ive used this lovely pair of snowpeople, and it seems hubby is getting his wifes head on, mind you I suppose it could have been other way around. Ive stamped them out onto white card and coloured them with my copic pens, then used my Nestabilitie circle die to punch them out, then used the Scalloped die for the mount, Ive used a dark blue pearlescent card for this. The greeting is one of the Just-Rite circle stamps and Ive punched it out the same way as my stamped image and mounted this also onto a piece of the same coloured blue card.
Ive used a sketch that I found on one of the blogs and then created my card with a 6"x 6" white base card, and for my first mount Ive used a pale blue card onto which I have layered up one of my DT papers from http://www.donnasdenofcrafts.co.uk/ its a lovely pale blue paper with a snowflake design on it, Ive then used another piece of the same dark blue pearlescent card and run it through my cuttlebug with the snowflake embossing folder, and positioned it to the right hand side of my card, then Ive stuck my mounted image to the left, after which I have wrapped a blue snowflake ribbon across the card and attached it to the back of the first layer, then Ive stuck my greeting at the botton of my card.
To finish of Ive punched out some swirls from some of the same first layer paper and attached them to my card on top of the blue pearlescent card with some glue and popped a few pearls amoungst the swirls.

16 comments:

Jessie said...

Awwh, that's so cute :)

Stefanie`s Bastelecke said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, this card is so gorgoeus, winter can come !!! Fantastic colours, a cute image.

Hugs
Stefanie

Melodie said...

Hi Shirley,
a real nice winter-card. And the snowman is soooo cute.
Hugs
Melodie

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so cute Shirley! I just love your colors,dp, the SWEET image, your coloring, the dry embossing and the metallic accents!Gorgeous!!!
hugs,
Chris

mueppi said...

Ohhh Shirley
what a lovely card Duwieder have made!
The colors and all details are again beautiful!
I wish you a wonderful weekend!
Big hugs hun Gisela

dolcreations said...

Another beauty from you! What an adorable image! You did a great job on this card! LOVE it!
Christine

Janette said...

Very sweet card,love every little bit of it.x

Spyder said...

This is just scrummy! A robot snowlady!! Lovely fun image, lovely colours

Unknown said...

A beautiful card, the image is so cute!! The colours are great,
hugs Angela x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Shirley hope you are ok. This is just fantastic that embossed card really shows up and that image is fabulous.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Dragonlady said...

Hi there,

What a cute little image, great colouring and love the embossed background.

Hugs Ali x

Riet said...

Beautiful card Shirley,i love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

mi sello personal said...

Hi my dear ,fantastic ,your color and the imagen i love all your cards ...Hugs Laura

Barbara said...

wow, what a beautiful paper you have used. Fantastic.
LG Babsi

Christine said...

Stunning card Shirley love the blue foiled s/flake embossing..great image & colouring love it.

Hugs Christine xx

Bev said...

Another brilliant card sweetie, love the bling off the mirri card, it really makes the snowflakes pop xx