Friday 27 November 2009

Cute Card Thursday Challenge - Snips and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails



Todays card was originally made for a little lad called Matthew, hes the son of my Design Team Boss Donna Walker of http://cardsformen.blogspot.com/, and it so happens her sons birthday was the same day as mine, so I didnt want to post it before hed had a chance to see it, but felt that as this weeks Cute Card Challenge was for Snips and Snails and Puppy Dog Tails it would be just right for it.
Its one of the Mo Mannings Digi stamps, Ive printed it out onto white card and coloured it with my copic pens after which I have cut it out and mounted it onto a piece of blue card, before doing so Ive distressed it around the edge with a blue inkpad. The greeting is one that I created with my Just-Rite stamps, as its a bit like the old letra sets you can make up any words you like as the letters all come separately. I also distressed the edges before mounting it onto a piece of blue card, Ive also used my Sakura clear glitter pen on his name.
The base card is a 8"x 8" white card with a first layer of blue card, and one of  four papers from Nitwit downloads, the first one has an all over sentiment pattern, the second and third layers have balloons on them, and Ive used the EK Success candle border punch on these, and the forth layer is yet another piece of blue card and the second of the sentiment papers was stuck to this before being placed across the centre of the other two layers.
Ive then stuck my mounted image to the left and my greeting to the bottom on the right with some foam tape, to finish of Ive use used some embellishments made from foam that I found in Tesco's childrens department, they are mainly American type cars and vans but I dont think children worry to much about that.
I just wanted to thank everyone for giving me a wonderful birthday yesterday, there was so many lovely things said and given it really did make me feel loved and after loosing my mum like that, I have been feeling very lost it helped to make my day extra special, thank you so much girls you really dont know how much it meant to me, bless you all with love and huge hugs Shirleyxxxxxxxxxx

18 comments:

debby4000 said...

Wonderful card, what a gorgeous image and fab colouring.
luv
Debby

Sue said...

hello my friend,
what a fabby little boys card, luv the image, brill creation, sue.x

Jessie said...

Really sweet card :)

Wishcraft said...

Brilliant boy's card - love how you've coloured the image. Lisa x

Mrs Bs Blog said...

What a fabby card, I love the image used and colours used. xxx

Danielle said...

This is adorable - I love Mo's image and the way you've coloured it using all the fab bright primary colours! A perfect card for a 4yr old boy!
Hugs, Danielle

Riet said...

Beautiful card Shirley,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Anonymous said...

what a great card- my little grandson said same!!

Hugs
elma

Donnas Den said...

Shirley, Matthew loved his card and all I can say is that it's every bit as wonderful in real life.

I'm going to do aquick post about it on my blog too.

Thanks ever so much and I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday.

Donna xx

Kim Dellow said...

Oh so cute Shirley, just love this image and your colouring of him is gorgeous. Have a good weekend. Kim

Mandy said...

Hi Shirley,
Love this card!! it's just right for a little boy's birthday he'll love it. Great image and papers
Mandy xx

Unknown said...

Cute image, perfect for a little boy!!
hugs Angela x

Christine said...

Hi Shirley wow this is perfect for a little 4yr.old..great image & colouring..so much detail..gorgeous

love n hugs Christine xx

Unknown said...

Aww Shirley! this is so cute. I'm sure Donna and Matthew love it. I do! It's just the ticket!
I hope you had a lovely birthday and by the looks of things, you got some gorgeous cards!
Hugs Viv xx

Jules said...

Hi Shirley

A fantastic card.

I think little boys and big boys would love this.

So good to see you having a crafting session.

Hope you are ok.

Take care

Love Jules xx

Enfys said...

Hi Shirley,
First of all, I am sorry I didn't pop over to wish you a happy day yesterday, if anybody deserves a lot of bloggy birthday wishes it is you, you are always so faithful to your blog friends, and so encouraging in your comments. So a day late, but hoping the next year is a good one for you,
Now the card, I have to go and get this digi image, it is perfect for Max, who is obsessed with firemen at the moment. Thanks so much for pointing me in the right direction,
big hugs
En xx

Melodie said...

What a wonderful card for a little boy.
Hugs
Melodie

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Lovely card and beautiful colors.
Hugs
Helena