Tuesday 3 November 2009

Sample No.2 for Sarah - Dioarma Card


Firstly I want to thank all those lovely girls that left me comments on my being asked to join a new Challenges DT team, Im really excited at this new adventure, so thank you so much girls, Im sure we will have great fun with Donna and her "Cards for men" Challenges, and I hope that the rest of you will join in and have fun with us, I will give you more details about whats going to happen as and when I get them.
I was so busy yesterday trying to get Sarahs samples finished so that I could get them into the post this morning, in case the Postal Strike escalates, so I must apologise for not going on my normal blog hopping, I will try and get around today if my hubby allows me, as its our swimming day it might not be till later on today.
Anyway did I managed to get all six samples done and will post them on my blog, some of them this week and the rest just before the show on the 15th to remind you when its on.

This second sample is a Dioarma card and is not the simplest to create, it means that you have to print six of the toppers that you want to use to create the scene, and then with a bit of imagination cut away bits of five of them to make it stand out, a bit like a cartoon film, when they create the background for their characters to move around on.
As you can see from the second photo, its necessary to cut two side pieces to make a sort of concentina to fit all the photos to, this has to be done to both sides, Ive then created a outer folder for the card to be put in, and on the front Ive stuck a background paper first, then another of the main toppers mounted it up onto brown card, and popped a ribbon underneath so that I can close the whole card up and make a bow on the side.
I hope you like this one, it was not the easiest to make, but I thought it would be something different, I think it was probably harder to create than the exploding birdhouse.

7 comments:

Paula said...

Oh wow wow wow Shirley this is stunning just love the image wow.
Paula xxxx

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good afternoon Shirley, wow hunny these are simply stunning, i love the images of the foxes, will have to look for this disc! hugs Linda x

Sue said...

oh my word hun that ia so awesome, luv foxes, beautiful work, many congratulations on your DT post well deserved, sue.x

Tab said...

oooh Shirly stunning creation, just love the fox image, they really are fabulous creatures! Thanks for sharing!
Hugs Tab xxx

Enfys said...

Shirley, this must have taken you forever to do, and it was SO worth it, just stunning
big hugs
En xx

Poppy said...

great card must have taken you ages.
poppy

sandra said...

This is stunning!
Beautiful work!
Just love the fox image!
Hugs!
Sandra!