Sunday 8 November 2009

Remembrance Sunday - Lest we Forget



As a lot of  you are already aware my eldest grandson has just finished a duty in Afghanistan, and Im one of the fortunate ones that as hes in the RAF he wasnt actually on the front line, but so many of our lovely youngsters are, and no doubt quite a few of you have had a family member lost in a war zone I felt it was right to remember those today.
Both my father and grandfather, who have now gone were in first and second World Wars, luckily though they did come back and I was able to love and get to know them, a lot of families didnt, so I want to dedicate this card in their memories and to thank them for their bravoury as well as those that are carrying on in the services today. I have quite a few friends whos sons are doing this and I want to say that I am thinking of them today and praying that they also will come back home safe and sound and the end of their duty to be with their respective families.
I wont go into to much detail today as I feel it would spoil the dedication, the card is a 6"x 6" white card with a embossed mount, and black satin ribbon, with a mount of two of the Nestabilitie diecuts in red and white, and a lovely build a poppy stamp design by Papermania.
God Bless you all, with love and huge hugs Shirleyxxxxxxxxxxx

18 comments:

Unknown said...

Shirley I have shivers with this card, so beautiful and such a wonderful sentiment. My dad was a British Legion member and President of the Dundee Branch when he died, and the turn-out at his funeral was amazing from all these War Heroes. I am sure you are proud of your grandson, and we pray every day for our brave boys and girls who dedicate their lives in the name of PEACE. Hope your Tummy clears up my dear friend and hope also that you got lots of Crafting Goodies at the NEC yesterday. Hugs Avril xxx

Lisa said...

Hi Shirley, Beautiful card! My heart goes out to all the people whose lives have been devastated by the fighting in Afghanistan and anywhere else in the world. My neighbour's grandson is in the Army and recently came back from Afghanistan. It was a very worrying time for them as i'm sure you know.

Lisa x

dolcreations said...

Shirley this is such a beautiful tribute! You have done such a beautiful job!
Christine

Janette said...

Hi Shirley,This is a beautiful card,I think it's just perfect for today.x

Kirsten...x said...

Hi Shirley

wow what can i say truly stunning card and such wonderful words from you to go with it...x

with love and hugs kirsten..x

Poppy said...

great card,lovely words.
poppy

Lavender and old lace said...

Hi Shirley what a lovely job you have made its a beautiful card love Dorothy xxx

Christine said...

Hi Shirley gone all goosy reading this we need to remember all the fallen heroes & hope those who have lost loved ones know the rest of us do still care...great card love it..jealous of your day at the NEC..hope it was fab for you...

Hugs Christine xx

Melodie said...

Wow, what a wonderful card.
Greetings
Melodie

Janet said...

Bless you Shrley.....what a beautiful card.....just perfect! My heart breaks every time I watch the news these days.....having two grown up sons of my own.....I can't imagine the pain those poor boys loved ones are going through xx

Donnas Den said...

Shirley, what a wonderful card. Thankyou for your visit to my blog. Matthew will be 4, thanks for asking.


Donna

Linnie said...

What a wonderful tribute to our boys..thankfully my son has now done his duty in the Infantry and is now out of the Army a job he loved...My heart go's out to every family with loved ones far away i know what its like to worry.
luv
linniexx

Unknown said...

hi shirley it was lovely to meet you yesterday at the NEC your card is rely beautiful. my heart gos out to all the people who lives have been devastated to all the familys of loved ones in Afghanistan lots of love and hugs liz xx

Mandy said...

What a beautiful card and your sentiment is just perfect.having just gone round my village for the poppy appeal it was wonderful listening to so many people saying how they support our troops and remember the ones who have been injured or lost their lives..
Mandy xx

Jessie said...

Really beautiful :)

Enfys said...

This is truly beautiful Shirley.
hugs
En xx

Anonymous said...

wonderful words and a wonderful card too

Elma from germany

Evelyn C said...

beautifull card, simple and elegant for an amazing tribute to all our servivemen past and present x