Friday 13 November 2009

Sample No.6 for Sarah - A Squirrel Writing Case


Todays sample is the last of the ones from "Woodland Treasures" Cd that I created for Sarah of http://www.spanglefish.com/peerlessdesigns/ as her program will be transmitted on Sunday at 12noon, on Create and Craft, as you can really see from this photo the images shes created are stunning, I love this little red squirrel, and thought it was ideal for a writing case, mainly because of him collecting his nuts, it seemed appropriate for us to use it for making notes.
Anyway Ive used four sheets of the same backing paper for this and another stronger pattern for the front, and mounted them onto green card, on all three of the sides, inside and out, for the two pockets inside I have cut two piece of card with an angle and mounted them onto more of the same backing paper.
I then printed out the topper that I wanted onto semi gloss photo paper, and mounted this also onto a piece of the same green card, before sticking it to the front I have laid a long enough piece of green organza ribbon to allow your to tie up in a bow, then popped the topper on top. The last thing I have done is stamped the sentiment at the bottom directly onto the card.
Afterwards I printed out some of the backing papers for note paper, but I must admit I took one of the designs into My Craft Studio and scaled it down to a A5 size which fitted better in the pocket than a bigger size would have done, then printed some of the envelopes from the Cd made them up and popped those into the other pocket.
I want to thank you so much for being so patient and bringing me so much love, and to let you know that we now have a funeral date for my mum, its to be 23rd November at 2pm in Brighton, so it does mean that we will have to spend a few nights away as its quite a long distance to go in one day, plus which we will use the time to visit our grandchildren and daughters while we are in the area. With love and huge hugs Shirleyxxxxxxx

22 comments:

Tracy said...

This is really lovely and the colours are so great, image is gorgeous too.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Unknown said...

Shirley this is utterly gorgeous, what a fantastic gift idea. love everything about it. Hugs Avril xxx

Mrs Bs Blog said...

What a stunning gift, lovely colours and gorgeous image. xxx

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Oo, what pretty card! Your coloring really gorgeous! Cute image and papers.
Hugs,
Helena

Sue said...

aww shirley totally gorgeous hun, what a lovely gift for someone, beautiful image, sue,x

Poppy said...

love it Shirley, great gift,take care thinking of you.
poppy

sandra said...

I love your cards!
They remind me of one book with fairytales I had when I was little.
I adored that book!
Hope you will spend great time with you daughters.
Be strong!
Hugs!
Sandra!

Christa said...

beautiful colors ,nice card, xx christa

Melodie said...

I love your cards. The image is so nice.
Greetings
Melodie

Sol said...

Lovely Card! Image colours and everything! Have a nice Weekend! :)

Mandy said...

Hi Shirley,lovely card..love the colours and what a great gift idea..so glad things are sorting out for you..have a great weekend..speak soon.
Mandyxx

brenda said...

Another very nice card with the beautiful squirrel.

Am thinking of you and will be Monday week.

B x

Christine said...

Hi Shirley you have been busy with Sarahs samples there all stunning you done yourself proud girl..gorgeous.

Hugs Christine xx

Anonymous said...

such nice coloured image! It's a highlight!
Love it
hugs Elma

Lavender and old lace said...

this is really nice what a lovely gift for someone I love anomal pictures love Dorothy

Jules said...

Hi Shirley

What a lovely creation - I have only ever seen one red squirrel in my whole life and this was when I was a young girl (so many, many years ago LOL!!).

Even then it felt rare to see which is probably why it stuck in my memory.

I think this is a great idea. I bet a few people will be making these now!!! Possibly me included!!

I am pleased that things are getting a little more organised for you with regards your Mum's arrangements. This will help settle your mind a little.

I have been thinking of you.

Love Jules xx

Saskia said...

Beautiful colours on this great card!

Saskia :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous inside and out Shirley!! Love the squirrel image and the papers you used!! What a stunning gift idea!
hugs,
Chris

mueppi said...

Hi Shirley
this is so wonderful and gorgeous!!!
I love everything about it!!!!!!!!!!
Have a great weekend!
Big hugs hun Gisela

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Beautiful keepsake Shirley - your cards are always perfectly made and this is no exception. I will be watching the Peerless programme tomorrow and looking out for your wonderful creations.
Thinking of you - Hugs & Love, Sylvia xxxxxxxxxx

cats whiskers said...

This is just so perfect Shirley hun love it
Hugs Jacqui x

Zwissel said...

I love your cards.
I love everything about it!!!!!!!!!!
Have a great weekend!
LG Doris