Saturday 7 November 2009

Stampin for the Weekend Challenge - Festive Goodie Box


Oh wow Ive had a fabulous day today, Ive been to the NEC and bought lots of goodies and met some fabulous blogging friends, and even watched Tab and Kim on the Magnolia stand creating their gorgeous images ready for making up their cards. Oh what can I say but it was a brilliant experience to see how patiently Kim paints with her Distressed Inks, and Tab with her pencils, they are an inspiration believe me, I dont know whether I would have the patience to work so intensly as they both do, Im afraid my work is a lot quicker than theirs, but they did give me such lovely comments on my work and that boosted my ego no end, so thank you girls for such a lovely experience. Im just sorry I didnt get to see Bev and Marcea, but by 12.45pm I was exhausted with all the pushing and shoving that was going on, that my hubby and I decided to call it a day and make for home.

Anyway this weeks Stampin for the Weekend Challenge is a Festive Goodie Box, now this is the first time Ive made such a large one so wasnt quite sure how it would turn out, anyway its basically two piece of card 3"x 6"x 1" and 3" in depth, that Ive covered with some papers that I printed from the Nitwit Downloads, the bottom one is snowflakes, for the lid Ive used a slightly larger size 3.50"x 6" x 1" and this is 1.50" in depth, I hope this makes some sense, anyway these were made into a rectagles I then made two large top and bottoms covered them with more paper, the lid is a check pattern which was then attached to the rectangle to created a lid. I should have said that the bottom of the box was covered with a piece of the snowflake design.

My stamped image is one of the new Whiff of Joy Blue Egg stamps, isnt it gorgeous, a lovely little figure in a Christmas stocking, Ive stamped and coloured it with my copic pens, and mounted it onto a piece of red card, this was then attached to the lid of my box to right hand bottom corner, I then arranged a Christmas decoration above it, and inside the box Ive popped some toffee's and some chocolate eclairs, makes you feel hungry doesnt it.

17 comments:

Christa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Christa said...

wow,what a beautiful colored christmas box ilove it xx christa

Rach said...

Hi sweetie,
I can't believe that i missed you at the nec... time just whizzed by..
I love your christmas box and how you have coloured your image..
Hugs Rachxx

Unknown said...

This is beautiful, love the new W o J stamp too!!
hugs Angela x

Unknown said...

This is beautiful, love the new W o J stamp too!!
hugs Angela x

Mandy said...

I'm so pleased you had a lovely time at the NEC. Your box is gorgeous, love the stamp
hugs Mandy xx

Unknown said...

Hi Shirley......this is great what a brilliant idea...glad to hear you had a great day, i had a great day myself was away visiting my mum and dad...speak soon hugs nikki xx

Melodie said...

Wow, this is really a beautiful box.
Greetings
Melodie

Mina said...

wow this is so gorgeous...and what a brilliant idea for a gift anyone would love it
Mina xxx

Danielle said...

This is a gorgeous box Shirley! I love the papers and that WOJ image is adorable! Lucky you to be at the NEC - it must have been fab to pick up all those new goodies!
Hugs, Danielle

Anonymous said...

what a nice box shirley!
Hugs
Elma

JAN said...

WOW such a wonderful gift hand crafted fabulousness and sweets too
great job
http://www.flickr.com/photos/artbyjan/
artbyjan@googlemail.com
www.tarotwisdom.etsy.com

Unknown said...

Beautiful Box Shirley, Love it, so glad you had a great time, I know what you mean about the pushing and shoving...and yet we are usually so friendly, but see Craft Goodies and we are all "MAD". LOL Hugs Avril xxx

Spyder said...

Fabulous idea! and its sounds as tho' the Show was very busy but brilliant too! I've at last put your lovely Award on my blog, and have caught up with some others I forgot to blog about, so of course that means I have a little something on my blog for you too!
You will find itHERE it's a very long post!
((Lyn))

Gunn (Merete) said...

Ohh, I like this box so much. Great papers, I love the blues on the base and stripes on the lid, such a great touch.
The image is so cute. Well done and thanks for joining us at SFTW.
Gunn :-D

Nancy said...

Your box is fabulous, Shirley:O) Love the gorgeous papers, and the WOJ image is adorable, fab colouring.
Thank you for joining us at SFTW, good luck!
Nancy;O)

Vicki said...

What a beautiful box Shirley, i love the lil image and those choccies looks so yummy. thank you for taking part with my lil challenge over at SFTW, good luck xx vicki xx