Thursday 5 November 2009

Cute Card Thursday Challenge - Primary Colours Red, Yellow and Blue


Todays card has been created for the Cute Card Challenge, this has to be in Primary Colours of Red, Yellow and Blue, and Ive also managed to use one of Janet Roberts gorgeous images from http://www.pinkgemdesigns.com/catalog/manga-c-36.html this one is one of the new Manga Designs, called Christmas with Kaya, shes such a little sweetheart that Ive deceived also to use this card for one of my new granddaughters Christmas Cards.
Ive stamped her onto white card and coloured her with my copic pens, after which Ive cut her out with my rotatrim and inked the edges with some red ink, I also used one of Janets sentiment stamps as well and mounted it in the same way as my main image.
My base card is a 7.50"x 7.50" white card, and for my first layer I have used a dark red card, and one of three designs I picked from the Nitwit Mainly Mouse Collection, the first paper is an all over sentiment greeting design, and on top of this in the top right hand corner I have stuck a smaller square of blue card with a snowflake design on it, and the third layer is a label design piece in yellow with a yellow square pattern on and Ive popped a bright red snowflake ribbon at the back to make it look like a tag.
Ive then stuck my main stamped  image in the centre and my greeting to the right hand side at the bottom, Ive used some foam tape on both these two mounts to raise them slightly of the card. To finish of Ive made three snowflakes and dipped them into some twinklets and popped them in a group at the bottom on the left.

15 comments:

Janet said...

Oh Wow....super duper Chuck! I love the colours! xx

Poppy said...

great card Shirley,love the image. snap I have used one of Janets stamps today.
poppy

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

really cute card! Lovely image and colors

dolcreations said...

Shirley this card is just so darn cute! That image is so nice too! I am going to have to get a move on for that challenge! Thanks for the inspiration!
Christine

Christine said...

Hi Shirley this is gorgeous I do love Janets stamps...gorgeous crimbo card..congrats on your sample creations there stunning well done.

Hugs Christine xx

Mandy said...

Really lovely card..love he colours and I'm a big fan of pink gem stamps so love little kaya she is so cute!!.
Mandy xx

CraftyC said...

Your cards are all so pretty Shirley. So sorry I've not been around much lately. Just not enough hours in the day sometimes. Hope you are well!
Clairex

Kim Dellow said...

Wow wonderful, love the colours - the brights are just gorgeous. Kim

Jules said...

Hi Shirley

This is just so cute and lovely.

I love what you have done here.

Love Jules xx

Amanda said...

Gorgeous as always Shirley.
The image is so cute.

love
Amanda

JAN said...

ch a cute card. lovely colours too

Jessie said...

Really cute, love the fun colours too!

cats whiskers said...

What a stunning card this is, and such an adorable image dear. Have a lovely weekend
Hugs Jacqui x

marialex said...

thanks for visiting my blog Shiley, is an honor for me to tell me I have nice things in my work, though these are very simple and lovingly prepared with the materials I get.
I hope to continue as a visitor in my blog and apologize for my English is a bit bad.
A greeting from Venezuela Marialex

mueppi said...

Hi Shirley
this is so sweet again!
I love all your works!!!!!!!!
I wish you a wonderful start in the new week and send you a lot of hugs from the raining germany
love Gisela