Wednesday 25 November 2009

Well Im back but not quite ready to Post a Card

Its been a really hectic and difficult last few days, we have travelled about 550 miles since Saturday driving upto Hickstead in Sussex to stay at a motel, then visiting Chatham in Kent to see the grandchildren and their mums and then to Brighton on Monday for my mums funeral, then driving back home again to Gloucester yesterday.
As you can imagine my emotions have been up and down and Im still struggling to come to terms with the fact that I wont ever be able to talk to my mum again, the service was lovely and she would have been whole heartly proud to see so many of her family and friends attending. My brother gave a talk about his feelings about what mum meant to him, and some of it I could relate but some I could not, but then we all see our parents in different lights. All I can say is that she suffered greatly in the last few years of her life and the one thing that helps me cope is knowing the fact that she is no longer in pain and is now back again with my father, but I am going to miss her especially our chats together discussing the family and asking for advice, thats what Im going to miss the most.
Anyway Ive got some very big thank yous to give, firstly to Avril, Mandy and Donna for the lovely cards they sent me, thank you so much girls, also for the lovely comments youve all been leaving me, youve all made me feel loved and warm, they have helped me cope THANK YOU.
Im hoping to be able to start card crafting today but please forgive me if I dont get around to posting anything for a couple of days, as its my birthday tomorrow my hubby has offered to take me out, so lets hope the weather is kind as its been so awful for everyone just lately.
Lastly I must remind you of the launch of the new Challenge Blog http://cardsformen.blogspot.com/ on Tuesday 1st December, Donna will be posting our DT cards very soon, I do so hope that you will be taking part in the monthly challenges, they will certainly test your skills as its all to do with MEN for a change.
With love and huge hugs to you all, Shirleyxxxxxxxxxxxx

22 comments:

Christa said...

hello shirly , i am sorry for your lost, i hope i say it wel my english is bad i hope you now what i mean, and i understand if your mind is some were else big hugs and kisses christa

Sue said...

Hi Shirley
nothing i can say to make you feel better, but thinking of you and i know how much it hurts, glad your mum is at peace with no pain. Wishing you a good day 2moro hun, luv sue.hugs.xxx

Kimmi said...

Hello Shirley.

I'm so pleased to see your little of the corner of blog land light up again today! I hope you will feel strong enough soon to get back in the swing of things and take some control in a time when its so hard to even get up on a morning. I cant believe my brother has gone and being only 42 he had such a lot more to give. I sometimes find myself crying at night when there is nothing on my mind and in the feeling creeps. I hope you can get through these difficult times and if you ever need a chat, I am always here. I'm so happy you got to see your family over the weekend. Its one of the times when something bad happens but so much good comes of it - meeting up with family you've not seen for a while and a good catch up and reminisce with them about your loved one who passed! I just wish I could have him back, even if just to say I loved him! Anywhoo, I hope to see you soon and your gorgeous creations. Take care and lots of hugs!

Kimmi xx

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Hi Shirley,
Wishing you a good day tomorrow.
Take care
Hugs
Helena

Domna said...

Hi,Shirley!
Such lost only need to endure. Cardmaking will be the best medicine later...i think...

Unknown said...

Hope you have a lovely day tomorrow Shirley, you could do with a little treat!! Take care through this difficult time, you never need to lonely in blog land!!
hugs Angela x

dolcreations said...

Shirley just know my thoughts are with you at this time. I know this must be so hard. I am so glad that your mom is at peace now and has no pain. You will always have her in your heart.
I also want to wish you a Very Happy Birthday.
Take a deep breath...and enjoy your day as much as possible.
Christine

brenda said...

Hello Shirly

I was thinking about you Monday and knowing all the emotins you were going through. It's tough and no words can express what I would like to extend to you, so hope my love will at least help.

B x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Happy Birthday hugs for tomorrow Shirley, and I hope you have a wonderful day. I'm sure everyone understands that you need some time to reflect right now - crafting can wait for a while. Take care -
Love and hugs, Sylvia xxxxx

Mandy said...

Hi Shirley,
Glad your back safe and well..hope everything went well...Happy Birthday for tomorrow enjoy your day...take cre..
Mandy xx

Unknown said...

its nice to see you back shirly it takes time to get over a sad lost.
have a lovely birthday shirly lots of love and hugs liz xx

Janet said...

Hi Shirley,

My thoughts are with you at this sad time. I hope you have a lovely day tomorrow.....take care Chuck

Hugs

Janet xx

Donnas Den said...

Hi Shirley,

Lovely to see you back. Hope you have a nice day tomorrow with not too much sadness.

Will talk soon,

Donna

Mandy said...

Hi Shirley, you have been in my thoughts and I'm glad you are home safe and I hope you managed to enjoy seeing your grandchildren despite the sad occassion. My heart really does go out to you I know the pain you are going through and the overwhelming feelings of loss but try and take comfort from your mum being at peace now. I hope you manage to enjoy your birthday tomorrow, I'm sure your mum would want you to
love and hugs Mandy xx

Lavender and old lace said...

I am so sorry to hear you lost your mum,try to think thats she has gone to somewhere lovely and we will all meet up with our loved ones one day I look forward to seeing your lovely cards soon love Dorothy xxx

Unknown said...

Hi Sweetie. It's good to have back again. I'm so lucky, I still have my mum, though at 91, who knows for how much longer.
I can't begin to imagine your emotions, but I hope you know that I will be thinking of you especially tomorrow and I hope you manage to have a lovely birthday in spite of everything.
Big hugs Viv xx

Patricia St Martin said...

Welcome, back I'm glad things went as well as can be. So hoping for better tomorrow's and bright new day.
Hugs.

Janette said...

Hi Shirley,There are no words that anyone can say are there.......I lost my Mum 5yrs. ago now,and still I don't go through a single day when I don't think of her.......Our Mum's are a great loss.....take comfort that she is with your Dad and at rest from the pain.Take care,hugs Janette.x

cats whiskers said...

Oh Shirley so sorry sweetie I didn't know, keep thinking of the good times dear that really does help. You are in my thoughts and prays dear
Bug Hugs
Jacqui xxx

rozzyb said...

My dear Shirley
I am so sorry for your loss. My heart goes out to you.
I just popped on here as I noticed from the Trimmie forum that it was your birthday today, I wish that it could have been a happier time for you.
Sending love and hugs to you
all my love rozzy xx

Unknown said...

Love you Shirley and you are in my thoughts.....Hugs Avril xxx

Chris said...

Hi again Shirley, I'm so sorry for your loss. It's the worst part of life when we lose a parent, I'm thinking of you and sending a huge hug. Love, Chris xx