Sunday 29 November 2009

Just Magnolia Challenge Card - A Sketch by Martine



Todays card was created for this weeks Just Magnolia Challenge, a sketch by Martine, Ive used one of the new Christmas stamps for my image, which I stamped onto white card and coloured her with my copic pens, after Id finished colouring I used my Sakura clear glitter pen on the furry bits and the snowflakes. After which I punched her out with one of my Nestabilitie Label dies, then drew around the die to create a mount for her to be put on, then I stuck them together with some foam tape. The greeting has been stamped onto a small tag and then punched out with one of the tag Nestabilitie dies, stuck them together with foam and stuck a brad through the hole.
The base card is a 7"x 7" white card, for the first layer Ive just a pale blue card and one of two papers I received in my DT pack from  Donna of http://www.donnasdenofcrafts.co.uk/, both of them have a snowflake design on, the second mount is piece that Ive put the second paper on and stuck it across the centre of the base card, for my third mount Ive used a pearlescent blue paper and the doily lace edge border punch by Martha Stewart, and on top of this I have layered up another piece of dark blue pearlescent card thats been run through my cuttlebug with a snowflake embossing folder, these two were stuck down the centre of my base card.
Ive then stuck my mounted image in the centre with some foam tape and the tag I stuck to the top on the left. Ive also popped two pearl brads in the centres of the second layer as instructed on the sketch, and to finish of Ive used three pointsetta flowers on the bottom right hand side, these reflect the ones on Tilda's pole.

17 comments:

Unknown said...

That's beautiful Shirley. I love the new Magnolia stamps and you've coloured her beautifully.

Sheena xx

Melodie said...

Wow, Shirley,
what a wonderful card with dreaming colours.
The layout is fabolous.
Hugs
Melodie

Audrey said...

what a beautiful card! you are quite talented with you images!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

This is beautiful Shirley -love the shimmery bits, and Tilda looks magnificent in her Christmas outfit. Great colour scheme and layout. Lots of hugs, Sylvia xxxx

Donnas Den said...

Shirley, What a lovely card. Your colouring as always is spot on.

Bye for now,

Donna

Sue said...

gorgeous card hun, luv the sparkle it has fabby colours, sue.x

Unknown said...

wow shirly your card is rely beautiful i love the colours lots of love and hugs x liz

Kim Dellow said...

Wonderful card Shirley, love the embossing. Beautiful colouring on the lovely image. Kim

Riet said...

Beautiful card Shirley,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Julie said...

Wow Shirley, I love this card. Your colouring is so lovely. The flowers are brilliant. Thanks for your comments on my stitched cards. They dont take that long really. I sit and do them while watching telly. Its really relaxing. Love Julie x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous Tilda and what a wonderful card you've made with her.
luv
Debby

cats whiskers said...

Oh this is just fabulous Shirley dear.
Sorry for the flying visit playing catch up again
Hugs Jacqui x

Leann said...

This is beautiful Shirley! She looks so frosty and shimmery and those blooms are yummy!
Hugs x

Christine said...

Hi Shirley this is stunning in this colour combo really striking gorgeous image & colouring beautiful work.

Hugs Christine xx

Bev said...

Oh this is gorgeous sweetie, love the icy colours you have used. As always such fantastic detail too xx

Christa said...

wow what a great card bright colors i love it xx hugs christa

Christine said...

OOhhh Shirley this is even better IRL its mine all mine & I love it..

thank you so much
Hugs Christine xxx