Friday 20 November 2009

One Card again for Two Challenges



Due to being away from tomorrow till next Wednesday Im posting another Challenge card today, this one is for the Stampin for the Weekend challenge which was a sketch, and the Just Magnolia challenge which was masking.
I stamped my Tilda image onto white card and masked her before stamping the parcels behind her, then coloured her with my copic pens after which I punched her out with my oval Nestabilitie die, I rather choped of one of her feet a bit, sorry about that, I then used a Scalloped diecut for the mount, this I did in red card. The sentiment is one of the new Christmas greetings from Just Magnolia and this was stamped and cut out and mounted it also onto red card.
The base card is a 8"x 8" white card and for my first layer Ive used a piece of red card, and one of two beautiful designed Christmas papers sent to me in a DTs Goodie Bundle by Donna of http://www.donnasdenofcrafts.co.uk/ for my own use and also with my position on her new DT for http://cardsformen.blogspot.com/, the day is drawing close for the launch, keep watching this space I will be giving your more information towards the end of next week.
Anyway getting back to my card, Ive used a lovely red and gold greeting paper for my first layer, then cut two small squares in red card to put in two opposite corners, on these I have used my second paper, this one is red one with snowmen and Christmas trees, afterwards I have wrapped two pieces of ribbon across the centre of my card on the diagonal from top left hand corner to the bottom right hand one.
Ive then positioned my mounted image to the right hand side in the middle and my greeting to the left at the bottom. I then decided to create two flowers from some of left over papers punched them out and moulded them with my ball tool after which I have put two pearl brads through the centres with spacers, and from the bottom one Ive hung a Christmas tree charm. Before attaching them to my card Ive punched out some fern leaves and arranged them in a circle in some silicone glue before popping my flowers on top. I also decided to pop a couple of punched out snowflakes on the other side and some pearls in the centres and three pearls at the top along the edge of the top square.

35 comments:

Paula said...

fabulous card Shirly love the image colours and fantastic detail. Sorry i havnt commented in a while ive been ill with a chest infection but will catch up with comments asap.
Paula xxxx

dolcreations said...

This is gorgeous Shirley! Well done!
Christine

Donnas Den said...

Shirley,

Your card is lovely. I really like the flowers made from the left over paper. Really good idea. Hope all goes well for you over the next few days. I'll be thinking of you.

Donna x

Mandy said...

Hi Shirley,
Hope everything goes alright over the next few days..enjoy catching up with your family just wish it could be in better circumstances..another lovely card..take care..
Mandy xx

Chris said...

Beautiful card Shirley and I love your sweet Tilda with all her pressies :). Such a gorgeous Christmas card. Hope you're well and have a great weekend. Hugs, Chris xx

Patricia St Martin said...

Shirley, Love those little girls.. Fantastic job with your coloring. love the layout. Really beautiful card.

Melodie said...

Layout and colous are beautiful.
Also the ribbon is fantastic.
Hugs
Melodie

Christine said...

QWow Shirley this is stunning gorgeous image & colouring lush DP's..love it all.

hugs Christine xx
watch out for postie..

mueppi said...

Another fantastic card, Shirley!!!!
I love your colouring and this cute image!!!!!!!!!!!
have a great evening!
Big hugs from the sunny germany
Love Gisela

Dawny P said...

Oh this is so sweet and your masking is fabulous Shirley :) Gorgeous detail as well. Thank you for joining us at Just Magnolia this week. Hugs Dawny xxx

Lavender and old lace said...

beautiful card Shirley I love it hurry back soon love Dorothy

Unknown said...

Hi Shirly your card is rely beautiful
love and hugs liz xx

Dragonlady said...

Hi there,

What a gorgeous card and I love your flowers.

Hugs Ali x

Janet said...

Another gorgeous card Shirley! xx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Beautiful card Shirley - Tilda looks so comfy sitting in front of her prezzies! I always love the perfect way you add the charms onto your cards - I find it quite difficult nipping the jump rings together - they usually end up oval-shaped and squishy! Will be thinking of you next week Shirley. Hugs, Sylvia xxxxxx

Pattie G said...

Shirley, this card is so pretty. I love the colors you chose and all of the embellishments.

hugs
Pattie

Enfys said...

Lovely card Shirley, I think the design is really original with those diagonals. Have a lovely weekend,
big hugs
En xx

debby4000 said...

Oh she is adorable, fabulous card.
luv
Debby

Riet said...

Wowww Shirley,what a beautiful card,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

rozzyb said...

Fantastic card Shirly. Just love the colour combo and the image is sooo sweet :)
thanks so much gfor stopping by my blog, you know i appreciate it :) Apologies though for the lack of contact... i just dont seem to have enough hours in teh day.... but its all good fun.
Have a wonderful weekend
hugs rozzy xx

Marcea said...

Gorgeous card sweetie, I love this image ... isn't she so sweet. Hope you have a great weekend
-x-

Swaantje said...

Your Christmas card is wonderful!
The litle image is cute and the colours are great..

Have a lovely weekend
Hugs
Swaani

Sue said...

Gorgeous card Shirley, brill colouring, luv all the deatail, sue.x

Unknown said...

Perfect Christmas card Shirley!
LOVE the colours and the little details that are all so interesting,
Hugs Viv xx

Lavender and old lace said...

I love this card Shirley such a pretty tilda and the colouring is lovely I have left an award for you on my blog love Dorothy

mi sello personal said...

Hi my dear how are you ,as always your cards are really beautiful...Hugs Laura

Nancy said...

Thank you for making such a gorgeous card with my little sketch:O) Love the pretty papers and flower, the snowflakes are lovely, cute image, you have done a great job on the masking.
Thank you for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend, good luck!
Nancy;O)

Spyder said...

I've been away, butI'm back now. lovely card Shirley, love those flowers! Big hugs
(Lyn)

Simply Angelic Crafts said...

A beautiful card as always xx

celia said...

Lovely!!!
I have a award for jou on my blog!Come take a look and take it with you!!

celia said...

Hey Shirley, it's so sad to hear of your mother,you do not feel guilty
take all the time you need!
hug,Celia

Rosis Stöberseite said...

This is a wonderful card. Lovely.
Hugs
Rosi

Gunn (Merete) said...

Oh, this is such a cute card. Great colors and Tilda is really sweet sitting there.
Thanks for joining SFTW and good luckl.
Gunn :-D

~* Jay Jay *~ said...

I love your coloring! Thanks for joining our Just Magnolia challenge this week.

Spyder said...

Beautiful beautiful card Shirley and a million-trillion times better in real life!! I Love it

BIG hugs ((Lyn)))