Friday 20 November 2009

One Card for Two Challenges



Todays card is to cover two challenges, Cute Card Thursday which this week is Teens, and Mo Mannings Digital Challenge which must contain 3 papers, 2 ribbons and one punched edge. For this Challenge I have used one of Mo Digi Stamps and this one is of a young lad playing on his Nintendo just as all our grandsons seem to be doing these days. Ive coloured him with my copic pens and cut him out with my rotatrim and mounted him onto a piece of dark blue pearlescent card. The greeting was created on my computer and then printed and mounted in the same was as the mounted image.
My base card is a 8"x 8" white card, with a first layer of the same dark blue card and one of three birthday papers from the Nitwit Downloads Collection called Candles and Cake,  the second and third layers have both of their edges punched with my EK Success candle border punch and then stuck across the centre of my base layer. I then stuck two different Rik Rak ribbons across the bottom and top of this layer and attached them to the back after which I stuck the whole thing to my base card.
On top of this I have positioned my mounted image and attached it to the card with some foam tape, and did the same with the greeting putting it in the bottom right hand corner. To finish of I have stuck some appropriate buttons I found amoungst my crafty stash.

21 comments:

Mandy said...

Shirley your card is gorgeous perfect for a teeager
love and hugs Mandy xx

Larisa said...

Nice card. You are really talented with this hobby.
my daughter is mad on all these edge punches, ribbons and others what is used in cardmaking. :)

slinkycat said...

Another great boy card! It's just so perfect for a computer game mad teenager :)

Hugs
Leanne x

Elaine L. said...

Very nice! I love the little snacks at the bottom. Isn't it nice to have images that are perfect for teenage boys?! Thanks for taking part in the challenge at Mo's this week.

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Very very nice card! You have a great talent!

Melodie said...

Hello Shirley,
I can see again a beautiful card with wonderful colours.
Hugs
Melodie

Mandy said...

Hi Shirley, great male card...always struggle with these..love the image and the colours...
Mandy xx

Christine said...

Wow Shirley brill card for a young man..excellent.

hugs Christine xx

Domna said...

I love this image!!!

Patricia St Martin said...

OMG, Shirley, Love Mo's images. You did a stunning job, you grandson is going to love this card.

Jessie said...

Cool card Shirley! I love that image, it reminds me of my two boys :)

Leann said...

This is brilliant Shirley! I fell in love with this fella when I saw Shary's card for this week - he has the same too long messy hair as my li'l Horror! Love it!
Thanks for joining us on CCT :)
Hugs x

Cathy said...

What a perfect card for a Teen Birthday Card. Thanks for playing the Mo's Digital Pencil Challenge!

Cindy Groh said...

Perfect card the young man in our lives:)
http://cardsformen.blogspot.com/

shulsart said...

Cute card, love the junk food! Good luck and thanks for joining the fun at Mo's Challenge blog.

Riet said...

What beautiful Shirley.

Hugs Riet.xx

Sue said...

Brill card shirley, luv that image, brill for a teenage boy, sue.x

The Wired Angel said...

Luv your card Shirley... terrific job on this week's challenge at Mo's. And I love that piece of pizza you added.. how clever! Hugs, Peggy

Sheila said...

Fatastic teen card, love the junk food around him :). Good luck and thanks for joining the fun at Mo's Challenge blog.
Hugs
Sheila xx

kat9 said...

Great Teen Card. I may just have to get that image. Wonderful coloring.

Dawn B. said...

This image reminds me of my son... Great job on the challenge this week. Thanks for joining us at Mo's..