Wednesday 4 November 2009

Sample No.3 for Sarah - An Fieldmouse Easel Card


Todays card for Sarah is an Easel card, if youd like to see some more of Sarah Hallam's cd you can find them at http://www.spanglefish.com/peerlessdesigns/newreleases.asp  and you will astounded at how beautiful her work is, she is definitely one very talented lady. Her new show to preview her latest Cd "Woodland Treasures" is on Create and Craft on the 15th November at 12pm I hope that you will be there to watch it as I certainly will be. This will be my last card for now and I will post the other three next week nearer to the launch so that I can remind you of it.
This card has been created from three pieces of equal size card, in this instance its 8"x 8" x 8"size and several of the backing papers and one of the main toppers, I printed out two main ones and mounted them onto so green card one for the front and one for the bottom (Ive left the middle section plain), I have also printed out two more papers the first one has been made into a smaller 6"x 6" square and punched all around the edge with one of my Martha Stewart border punches, I also used the corner one on it to, this was then stuck to the centre of the front and my mounted Fieldmouse image was stuck on top.
For the bottom I have mounted the other piece of paper onto the same coloured card and then cut a smaller piece to attach across the bottom of this sheet for the front to stand up against, on this piece I have stuck a further paper but firstly have punched along both the outer edges, then wrapped a piece of ribbon across the centre and popped two brads through it and then opened them out at the back before sticking it to the card. This acts like the stop for the front piece to stop it falling flat, although its not easy to see you can definitely see the brads, which were created with my Itop brad maker and some of the paper from the cd.
To finish of Ive created two flowers from more of the left over paper, and moulded them with my ball tool and put a brad through the centres with a spacer, and before sticking them to my card, Ive punched out some fern leaves and arranged them in a circle then popped the flowers on top. The Sentiment was a stamp that I had in my stash and this also has been mounted onto a piece of brown card and positioned below the main image to the bottom right.

11 comments:

Saskia said...

Beautiful card in beautiful colours!

Saskia :)

Unknown said...

Beautiful Card Shirley, these images of Woodland creatures are just fantastic, thanks for giving me the details, I have been over and will be buying....Hugs Avril xxx

Jessie said...

You did a beautiful job!

Poppy said...

great card Shirley, they are lovely images.
poppy

brenda said...

What a fantastic image Shirley, love everything about it.

B x

Spyder said...

Lovely lovely card Shirley. Brilliant images. Must have a go!
((Lyn))

Unknown said...

hi shirley your card is rely beautiful you do so many beautiful card lv liz xx

dolcreations said...

When I was a little girl I loved field mice....So I just love this card! You have done such a beautiful job!
Christine

andrea said...

gorgeous card i love the fielmouse so cute and the colours are lovely
andrea

Debbie said...

A beautiful card Shirley, the images are wonderful and I love the beautiful colours you have used. Debbie x

cats whiskers said...

A perfect creation in everyway dear, just adore it
Hugs Jacqui x