Thursday 19 November 2009

A Christmas Card for a very Dear Friend



Todays card is another Christmas Card, this one is for a special friend of mine, carnt say as it wouldnt be a surprise when they received it. Its one of the Whiff of Joy stamps and she is so elegant with her lamp, Ive stamped her out onto white card then coloured it with my copic pens, after which I have punched her out with one of my Nestabilitie dies and created a mount for her from a piece of dark blue card. The sentiment is the Hero Art one which I have stamped then punched out with a smaller size of the same die and mounted this also onto a piece of the same blue card.
The base card is a 8"x 8" white card, with the first layer of dark blue card, with one of four patterned papers from the Nitwit Downloads, these are all Christmas ones, and the first one is a greetings one, and on top of this I have created a second smaller mount which is behind the image, not to easy to see as its been covered, but on top of this is a third mount with a blue patterned paper, and a further two mounts with the fourth paper stuck either side of the last mount. Over these I have positioned my stamped mounted image and my greeting to the bottom right hand side.
To finish of Ive used some of the left over paper to create two flowers with my ball tool and through the centres I have put two pearl brads and spacers, I also hung a snowflake charm from the bottom one. Before positioning them on my card Ive punched out some fern leaves and stuck them in a circle with some silicone glue then put my flowers on top.

18 comments:

Tracy said...

So beautiful. absolutely gorgeous.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Mandy said...

Hi Shirley,
a stunning card!! love the image and the blue you have used is gorgeous..fab embellishments as well your friend will love it I know I would..take care.
mandy xx

Barbara said...

what a beautiful card. Absolutly perfekt! I love your flowers.
Hugs Babsi

Helena (Gvendalen) said...

Oh, Shirley, what beautiful card!absolutely stunning card! Love the image? your gorgeous coloring. Lovely papers.
take care
Hugs

mueppi said...

Hello Shirley
this is another beautiful card!
Yur are very talentiert!!!!!!
Today the sun is shining!!!!!
I hope, you have a good day too!!!
Take care hun!
Big hugs Gisela

slinkycat said...

Stunning card, I love it :)

Hugs
Leanne x

Jessie said...

Just beautiful Shirley! I especially love the shades of blue on this one!

Mrs Bs Blog said...

This is such a beautiful card. Your friend will love it!. xxx

dolcreations said...

Hello Shirley..this card is just so pretty! I love the embellishments. Your friend is going to LOVE a homemade card like this from you! Lucky her!
Christine

Janet said...

Gorgeous card Shirley.....love the blue colour.....what a lucky friend! xx

Christine said...

This is stunning Shirley wouldnt have thought to use blue but it works well..& on linen card too, beautiful creation..

Hugs Christine xx

Melodie said...

Hi Shirley,
I am enthusiastic.
The image is so lovely and the coloration so beautiful.
Hugs
Melodie

Saskia said...

Oooooh..... So gorgeous!!!!!

Saskia :)

Tab said...

Gorgeous card, hun, love this sweet image deffo one of my fave WOJ's, and all the detail you have added is fabulous too!
Hugs Tab xxx

Unknown said...

This is so beautiful, I love the colouring of her dress, your friend will love this card,
hugs Angela x

Lavender and old lace said...

I love this card Shirley the colouring is really good love Dorothy xx

debby4000 said...

Oh this is beautiful, wonderful image and fab colours.
luv
Debby

Cindy Groh said...

Stunning card. You are very talented:)
http://cardsformen.blogspot.com/