Wednesday 6 May 2009

Blueboy Edwin


Im not sure why I believe that Edwin is looking a bit blue, maybe its because it just strikes me that way. Ive stamped him out first onto a separate piece of white card and coloured him with my Karisma pencils and then cut him out ready to stick on the wall. The wall was also stamped onto white card and coloured again with my pencils, I then cut this out with my rotatrim and positioned Edwin on the wall. After which I have mounted him onto a pale blue pearlescent card, followed by a dark green patterned paper and lastly onto a paler green card.

The base card this time is 9"x 7" size, mainly because the stamped image is so long. On to this base card I have layered a piece of dark blue pearlescard card and two patterned pieces of blue paper from the Bearly Mine Designs Cd, Ive covered the middle seam with a piece of dark blue pearlescent paper edged with one of my Martha Stewart border punch, and then positioned my stamped mounted image on top.

To finish of the card, I have stamped a greeting onto white card and cut it out with one of the Nestabilitie tag dies, and attached it to the card at the bottom with a hand shaped paperclip that I found in Staples this weekend, they have a load of different shapes, I bought a mixed bucket of them. Ive then stuck two dog buttons at the top, and some star shaped jewels down on either side of the stamped image.

13 comments:

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning Shirley this is such a gorgeous card hunny, Edwin looks fab! hugs Linda x

Saskia said...

Beautiful card!!! Oooh... I love the cute dogs!!

Greetings,
Saskia

Debbie said...

A fabulous card Shirley, beautiful colours and Edwin looks great sitting on the wall and gazing at the stars. Debbie x

cats whiskers said...

Morning Hun Just adore this card what a great image and fabulous colouring. love the papers, hope you are havng a god day
Hugs Jacqui x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card shirley,l love the image.

Hugs Riet.x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Shirley love this card great colours and I love how you have done the wall and Edwin looks quite happy sitting on the top just like boys.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Beautiful card Shirley, I love your colouring and the wall, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Marcea said...

hi sweetie, Edwin sure looks cute sat way up there ... what a view he must have!
-x-

Enfys said...

I love those little doggies peeping over the wall, and Edwin looks good in blue! Thanks for the nice comments about my cards in Papercraft Inspirations (I enjoyed making that batch:)
hugs
En x

Rach said...

a beautiful card shirley, your colouring of the bricks is amazing. hugs rachxx

Bev said...

This is such a fab card Shirley, Edwin looks brill perched on his wall watching the world go by xx

Janet said...

Love the colours on this! A proper boys card!X

Donna said...

great card Shirley, again love how you've used two different papers on it for the backing, and your coloring is great on Edwin and the wall.
hugs
Donna