Wednesday 20 May 2009

A Country Garden


Todays card is another of the Home Grown stamps from Funky Kits, this one is called A Country Garden. I stamped the image onto white card and coloured it with my Karisma Pencils, then cut it out with the Rectangle Nestabilitie dies, I then used the Deckle Edge one for the mount. I also used the smaller ones for the greeting. I should also add I had great difficulty taking the photo because of the foil as it created flash back, so Ive had to publish a side view rather than a full face one.

The base card is another of my 8"x 8" white cards, onto this I have layered up firstly a piece of dark blue pearlescent card on which I have stuck a piece of patterned paper from the Bearly Mine Extreme Designs Cd, then the second layer was created from some embossed foil card, then I have. The third layer is another piece of pale blue pearlescent card but this time it has two patterned papers on both from the same cd, the top one has a punched flower border, they were then stuck to the centre of the base card. Across the centre I have put another piece of the same foiled card but this time I have used my Martha Stewart border punch along both of the edges. I have then stuck my stamped image in the centre, and the mounted greeting below to the right.

The flowers were created with some Mulberry ones that were in my stash, with the lower one I have hung some flower charms. To finish of I have stuck several flower gems amoung the flourish swirls across the centre of the card.

7 comments:

Julie said...

Another beauty. Lovely images

Love Julie x

Poppy said...

lovely card Shirley, love those stamps.
poppy

Carole said...

Ahhh., what a gorgeous card Shirley, beautiful papers and wonderful colouring.
Hugs
Carole

Linda said...

Gorgeous. Beautiful. Lovely. Fantastic. Out of this world! You rock, Shirley! Hugs, Linda

P.S.: Thanks for the sweet birthday wishes for my son and for always leaving such wonderful comments on my blog ...

coldwaters2 said...

Shirley what a gorgeous card this is totally beautiful love your colours and that image wow you have coloured her so well love it.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Linnie said...

just beautiful shirley i love your detail
luv
linnie

Janet said...

Wow another beautiful card Shirley.....sweet stamp....can't wait to see what you make with your new PGD stamps.......and who's a lucky girl then winning Jacqui's candy......congratulations!!!X