Yesterday I spent a few hours making the above topiary tree, and although its turned out fine Ive got to tell you it wasnt as easy as I thought it was going to be, it took a while to cut out all the circles with my diecut machine, and to assemble it, anyway Im getting ahead of myself so I will start at the begining.
I have used the new circle stamps by Creative Expressions, and the idea is to stamp out 20 of them then paint then or colour them anyway that you would like, Ive used my Artquest paints, it was easier than opening all my H2Os or my cosmic shimmer paints, anyway once they were dry I had to cut them out and score them down the three score lines on each of the circles.
You then assemble them by first sticking 5 of them into a top and 5 into a bottom piece and the other 10 pieces into a band, and this is where the fun starts as you can get rather sticky and I wont say how much trouble I had getting them to stay together, in the end I used some paperclips.
Anyway the last thing you do is punch a hole in the centre of one for the piece of dowel you use for the stem and then you need a pot to stand the tree in. Ive also used a few ribbons which I have attached to the dowel before poking it into the ball. I hope you like it, my hubby was quite taken with it.
I have also posted a photo of my Laburnam tree as I love the hanging display of flowers, hopefully it will give you pleasure as well.