Friday 15 May 2009

Just Magnolia Challenge Card 4


This is my card for the 4th Just Magnolia Challenge, I have used one of the new Tilda Butterfly stamp designs. Ive stamped onto white card and coloured her with my Karisma pencils, then cut her out and mounted her onto mauve pearlescent card.

The base card is a 8"x 8" white card, on top of which I have layered up in the way the sketch has been been drawn, firstly a layer of mauve pearlescent card, on which I have layered one of the Bearly Mine Designs from the Extreme Designs Vol.2. Ive then used another of the designs which is a large multi spotted one, and Ive created two mounts with this one, but I firstly layered this one onto a yellow pearlescent card and then onto mauve. For the long mount Ive used a piece of the mauve card and ran it through my cuttlebug machine with one of the embossing folders.

The mounts were then layered up as instructed to do so, on top of these I have stuck the stamped image in the centre. To cover up a slight mishap I had with a metallic pen, that I had used around the edge, Ive stuck a few butterflies punched out with my Martha Stewart punch, and stuck them on the stamped image with a little bit of stickle glitter glue on.

I have then stuck pearls in the appropriate corners, and stamped a greeting onto another piece of white card with my Just-Rite circle stamps then cut this out with my circle Nestabilitie die, and with the Scalloped circle created a mount for it, which I then stuck below the stamped image to the left hand side.

To finish of I have created 3 flowers from the new Prima flowers (which look a lot pinker in the photo, than they are in real life), punched out some leaves then with some silicone glue arranged them in the top right hand corner.

16 comments:

Julie said...

Shirley, this is really cute, I love the way you have coloured the tilda
love Julie x

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Shirley,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Anonymous said...

Totally beautiful, what a sweet Tilda and perfectly coloured.
Hope you have a lovely weekend Shirley.
Hugs
Carole :-)

Marcea said...

a really gorgeous card Shirley, I just love looking atyour lovely cards and visiting your blog. Hope you have a lovely weekend hun
-x-

Chris said...

A beautiful card Shirley, I love this Tilda too, she's so cute and your colouring is gorgeous! Love all the layering with those pretty papers and the embossing, nice frothiness with the leaves around the flowers too. Hope you're well and having a good weekend. Chris x

Poppy said...

great card Shirley, have a nice weekend.
poppy

Unknown said...

Hi shirley your card is rely beautiful i hope you win i rely like this stamp have a good weekend love and hugs liz xx

Bev said...

Beautiful card hun, sweet image and fab papers. Love it to bits!! Thanks so much for joining us at JM this week x

Janet said...

Another wonderful card Shirley! I love all the pretty papers and your colouring is beautiful!X

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

shirley.. i think your card is absolutely cute.
love the embellishments
hugs

Naoual said...

Your card is lovely Shirley, love the colours and papers you used!

Thank you for joining us at Just Magnolia this week,

xx Naoual

Sue said...

Hi Shirley
beautiful card hun lovely colouring looks fabby,great layout hun, sue.x

CraftyC said...

This is gorgeous Shirley, I do love how you have coloured in the wings and the flowers are beautiful!
Clairex

Enfys said...

As usual, a lovely detailed card, I love the way you really spell out all the steps you took.
luv
En x

Linnie said...

Beautiful work shirley soooo cute i love it.
luv
linniexxx

Linda said...

Hey Shirley! I LOVE THIS CARD! I love all the detail you put on your creations! Love that Tilda stamp! She's so cute! xoxo, Linda