Tuesday 26 May 2009

Have a Mice Day


Todays card is another of the lovely swop images that I got from Julie, this one is another of the Penny Black designs, I not sure what its called but its definately a lovely design of two little mice doing some sewing.

Anyway I coloured the design with my Faber-Castell pencils and cut it out with my Spellbinder Square dies, and cut another for the mount out of blue pearlescent card with the Scalloped one. The greeting is another of my Just-Rite circle stamps and the mount was also cut out with the smaller scalloped circle die.

The base card is 8"x 8" white card, then for the first layer I have used the pale blue pearlescent card onto which I have layered up one of the patterned papers from Pocket full of Posies Stack by DCWV, the second layer is a piece of blue pearlescent paper which I have used one of my Martha Stewart border punches along both sides. The third layer is another of the papers from the same stack and this was also stuck on a piece of blue pearlescent card, and with a blue gingham ribbon stuck around the centre, has been then stuck on top of the punched paper.

I have then stuck the mounted stamped image on top of this in the centre with some foam tape, and the greeting was stuck to the bottom to the right hand side. To finish of the card I have made up a flower from my Stash and hung a cat charm from the brad in the centre. Before sticking it to the card I punched out some leaves and then arranged them in some silicone and then stuck the flower on top.

10 comments:

cats whiskers said...

Afternoon Shirley, at last the rain has stopped I think you took the good weather home with you as we have had two really rotten days. This card is beautiful love the sweet colours and the design of the card. your parcel went off forst class this morning
Hugs Jacqui x

Saskia said...

Beautiful card!! I really love the combination of papers and colours!!! And of course... the cute image!!

Greetings,
Saskia :)

Poppy said...

great card Shirley, I love the sentiment you stamp, may I be nosey and ask where you get them?
poppy

Poppy said...

thanks Shirley just been and had a look.
poppy

trudette said...

How cute is that , I like the name of the card :)

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgous card Shirley, lov the cute image and the papers are so pretty. Hugs Nikki x

Chris said...

Gorgeous card Shirley, I love those little mice, so sweet. Great colouring and design too. Congrats on winning Jacqui's blog candy also, you must be so excited! I'm so pleased for you and hope you have lots of fun playing. Chris x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Shirley nice to have you back with us and seeing your beautiful creations again. wow this is gorgeous love your colours and that image is fab. I love mice in the images pity they frighten me in real life lol.

Hugs
Lorraine x

debby4000 said...

Oh what a sweet card, love the mice and fab colours.
luv
Debby

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good evening shirley. wow what a lovely card, i am so loving this gorgeous House mouse image. I love the colours youve chosen for this card and all the added detail you have used.

Hugs Linda x