Tuesday 19 May 2009

Fragile Beauty


Im sorry I havent posted anything for a few days but Ive been rather busy, and today Ive been to a funeral, but I did manage to finish this card, I do so hope you like it.

Ive used the Fragile Beauty stamp from the Country Cousins set, from Funky Kits. I stamped the image onto white card and coloured her with my Karisma Pencils, then cut her out with my Octagon Nestabilitie die, and used a scalloped one for the mount.

The base card is a 8"x 8" and then I have layered it up by firstly using a pink pearlescent card on this I have used a pink flowered paper, then for second layer I have used a dark piece of mauve pearlescent card and run it through my cuttlebug using one of the embossing folders, the pattern is actually debosed as I had it upside down, but I thought it looked ok and decided to use it as it was. On top of this I have layered up two more mounts but this time I have used pale mauve pearlescent card and on these I have put two more patterned papers. On all the mounts I have used metallic pens around the edges.

On the top mount I have stuck some flourishes that I have punched out of a piece of the bottom flowered paper, and have stuck some little flower gems among the curls. Across the bottom mount I have put a greeting that was punched out with the ribbon label die, and used a pink spotted grosgrain ribbon threaded through the two holes at either end, the ends of the ribbon were then stuck to the back of the base mount. I have also stuck three more of the flower gems to the side of the bottom mount.

I have then stuck the mounted stamped image to the centre of the two mounts, and finished of the card with six of multi coloured Hydrangea petals, which I have layered up and put a brad through the centre of each, then stuck a silk pink rose on top of the brad. On the bottom one I have hung a butterfly charm. They were attached to the card with silicone glue with some punched out leaves arranged around them.

6 comments:

Denise said...

Shirley,

This is one adorable card!! Love the pink!!

Riet said...

Wowww Shirley,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Julie said...

Lovely card. I love pink and purple. Ive done that with the cuttlebug and had to use the debossed side!
Julie x

Carole said...

Another beautiful card Shirley, such pretty colours you've used.
Hugs
Carole x

Linda said...

Shirley! I love this card! Actually, I love all your creations! You put so much into everything you make - you're awesome! I especially love the shades of purple and pink that you used. Thanks for sharing! xoxo, Linda

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my Shirley this is utterly fab and awesome. I love your colours and the image and the title all fits so perfectly together. I always comment on the colours because I think this is one of my weaknesses and I find such pleasure looking at the way people match them.

Hugs
Lorraine x