Thursday 28 May 2009

Thoughtful Sprinkles - Cute Card Thursday Challenge


Todays card has been created with another of Janet Roberts new Pink Gem stamps, this one is called Thoughtful Sprinkles, I have also used some of my lovely blogcandy that I won from Jacqui, I do so hope she likes what Ive done with it.

I have stamped the image onto white card and coloured it with my Faber-Castell pencils, then cut if out with my Octagon Nestabilitie die, then cut another out of pink card with the Scalloped one, then I have mounted the two together with a piece of foam.

The base card is a 8"x 8" size card, onto this I have layered up a piece of pink pearlescent card with one of the beautiful papers from the Bearly Mine Design Cds, this one is a lovely pink paper with stars on, on top of this Ive layered up another pink card layer but this one is slightly darker and used another of the papers this one a very pretty check design. I have then wrapped a piece of the gorgeous ribbon that Jacqui gave me, its so pretty with a multitude of colours all over it.

I then cut out three stars with my star Nestabilitie die, two from glitter card pink and purple, and one from pink embossed card, these were then arranged in a half circle, then the mounted stamped image was stuck over the centre of them. I have stuck a ribbon greeting strip across the bottom.

I have also used the paper flowers that Jacqui gave me, and with my ball tool I shaped the petals then used some stickles glitter glue around the edges of them, with a jewelled brad in the centre and a crown charm (this was another piece of my candy) hung it from the bottom flower. I then punched out some leaves and with some silicone glue stuck them onto the card, with the flowers on top. To finish of the card I have stuck some star gems around the edges.

Claudia has suggested I submit this for the Cute Card Thursday Challenge, so I have.

15 comments:

Saskia said...

Beautiful 'girly' card!! Lovely flowers and glitters!!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

What a cute card Shirley, just adore that image and the papers are just perfect togehter.

you MUST submit this card to the challenge on Cute Card Thursday Shirley!!! :-)
Hugs Claudia x

Debbie said...

A fabulous card Shrley, the image is so sweet and I love the pretty papers and the sparkle! Debbie x

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

hahaha.. i see you submited it :-) dont forget to link it on the blog dear shirley.. so others can come and visit your blog to see your fabulous cards

hugs
claudia

coldwaters2 said...

Shirley this is absolutely gorgeous and sparkly love that image and your colours they always work so well. Sometimes I think I am colour blind because mine sometimes don't seem to match. I have got my Bearlymine CD today and wow the papers are fantastic so maybe I will improve a little now.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Janet said...

Awww it is just beautiful Shirley!!X

Sue said...

Hi Shirley
fabby card hun luv all the sparkle, luv it, sue.x

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Wow, wow, wow, Shirley you have surpassed yourself with this one hunny. So girly, so pink and sooooooooo gorgeous! i love the image and all that added detail is just simply stunning!! Im sure Janet absolutely loved this gorgeous card. Glitter, oh you can never have enough sparkle can you?

Have a good evening my dear friend, hugs Linda x

Marcea said...

Oh wow hun, how amazingly cute is this!!!!! Fab girlie card Shirley - just wonderful
-x-

Donna said...

What a lovely and sprinkly pink card you've done Shirley, love it all, very girly. Great job on it all
hugs
Donna

Rach said...

a super sweet card Shirley, love all the shimmer and sparkle.xxx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, wonderful sweet image and love the sparkly bling.
luv
Debby

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Shirley, and Claudia is right, it is perfect for the challenge over on CCT...so thanks for joining us this week.
Caz
x

Spyder said...

Very pretty card, love the flowers the colouring and that cute little image!!


(((Lyn))

cats whiskers said...

Wow Hun the girl done good this is ace I love how you have used the embellies and that ribbon looks perfect
Hugs Jacqui x