Friday 29 May 2009

Just Magnolia Challenge Week 7 - Animals and Insects



Todays card has to contain animals and insects, I have actually used both, so hopefully it will correct for the challenge here.

I have stamped Tilda on her horse and the large tree stamp onto white card and coloured it with my Karisma pencils. Because of the size of her I was unable to use any of my Nestabilitie dies, so I have cut her out with my rotatrim instead. I have then layered her up on some Salmon coloured Pearlescent card.

The base card is a 8"x 8" white card, and onto this I have layered up a piece of the same coloured pearlescent card with one of the beautiful paper designs from the Bearly Mind Extreme Designs from Donna, they are the most useful and gorgeous papers Ive ever used.

On top of this I have stuck a hemp ribbon across the middle of the card, and stuck it to the back before sticking it to the base card. On to this I have stuck my stamped image towards the top right hand side of the card, then I have stamped a greeting with one of my Just-Rite stamps, you can find them here, several people have asked where I bought them so I thought it would be nice to add a link to my blog, I have mounted this onto the same coloured pearlescent card and with a Pinking Nestabilitie die have cut out a mount then layered it up with foam and attached it to the card on the bottom left hand side. I have also diamond glazed the butterfly on the greeting.

The finish of the card I have made up two flowers from Prima Hydrangea Petals, and stuck a pearl brad through the middle with a silver spacer and have hung a butterfly charm from the bottom flower.

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful card Shirley, so pretty, well done on using both the animal and the insects.. enjoy your weekend.x

CraftyC said...

This is gorgeous Shirley, very pretty. Have a lovely weekend and enjoy the weather
Clairex

Kim Dellow said...

Very cute. Love the scene you have made. Kim

cats whiskers said...

Evening Shirley what a fabulopus card this is, love the bright colours. Thanks for joining us this week.

Thanks so much for your lovely card which I received today it has pride of place above my desk
Hugs Sweetie
Jacqui x

Saskia said...

Shirley,

This card is GREAT!!! I love the way you made the combination of the stamp with the papers, colours, details!!

Have a nice weekend!!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Shirley,l love the image and papers.
So gorgeous colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Linnie said...

soo cute great colour choice shirley i love it
luv
linniexxxx

trudette said...

What a beauty , love the detail and the colors !

Enfys said...

Perfect! Love this one Shirley. Have a great weekend.
luv
En x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Shirley how beautiful is this that image of Tilda is fab and i love your colours and the flowers it is just perfect.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Shirley, lovely scene and the papers are perfect for it too. Hope you have a lovely weekend.
hugs
Donna

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, love the scene you made with Tilda and gorgeous colours too.
luv
Debby

debbies said...

I love the scene - great job!

rozzyb said...

such a Gorgeous card shirley, I havent come across that stamp before. you ahve coloured it so beautifully. the animals and insetc make a great combination.
sorry about the gardening card lol... We'll have to blame Debbie for that one...actually the sentiment went with one of the other stamps... i'm yet to use....watch this space so to speak... I think for my DT card on 7th.. i will use that one.....:)
have a wonderful weekeknd... its perfect for the gardening lol :)
hugs rozzy xx

Mina said...

stunning card, great image and well done for using both...thanks for joining in with the Just Mganolia challenge xxx

BettyBoop67 said...

WOW YOUR CARD IS GORGEOUS :) SUE XX

Jamee said...

your card is so adorable, I love how you put the flowers and little fern leaves,its beautiful!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Fab card Shirley, love the cute image and and the pretty flowers.Have a wonderful Sunday, Big Hugs, Nikki x

michele said...

Just wanted to say I only found your site today and it’s really cool. You’ve been very busy and have so many good ideas. Your creations are really cute. I write a London based crafty e-zine and blog named Extremely Crafty Ideas. Would love to hear what you think.

Linnie said...

this is just soooo cute i love it
linnie

Kimmi said...

gorgeous card. love the tilda stamp, I dont have this one (YET) so will have to think about adding her to my list. The colours are all fab and I love the charm!

Thanks for popping by today, the Race for Life went really well. I have no skin on my heels tho, as my shoes were rubbin like hell hath no fury, I'm in a little bit of pain :o( Was an amazing atmosphere, and Martin Clunes, nearly signed Poppy and not my Back as he misheard what I said hehe. I'm sure Poppy wouldnt have minded having his autograph on her forhead... I do however, think she would protest when it came to cleaning it off!

Hope you have had a lovely weekend, and the weather has been nice for you too.

hugs

Kim

lil-paper-pixie said...

Just fab

Andrea said...

so cute and lovely

Anonymous said...

Another stunning card Shirley..that tree is really huge isn't it?!!!
Love Tilda on her pony and your have coloured her beautifully.
Hugs
Carole x

Bev said...

What a fabulous card Shirley, love the wonderful scene you have created!! Thanks so much for joining us this week x