Tuesday 5 May 2009

My Card for the 3rd Just Magnolia Challenge


Todays card is the card that Ive created for the third Just Magnolia Challenge, I have used one of the new Tilda stamps this time she is holding a butterfly in her hands.

The card has to conform to the sketch and hopefully I have more of less done so, the base card is a 8"x 8" card, on which I have layered up firstly a pale lemon pearlescent card and have used the Bearly Mine Designs papers, this one is a flourish one. The second and third layers are two more of the designs from the same Cd, on which Ive used a Martha Stewart border punch to create the frilled edge, on top of this I have used a piece of pink pearlescent card and have again used the same punch along the bottom edge, then wrapped a piece of ribbon across the top edge. Before sticking down on top of the two other layers I have again wrapped a cross of ribbons.

I have then cut out my stamped Tilda image which I have firstly coloured with my Karisma pencils and stuck her to a oval of cream pearlescent card which I have also stuck a outer circle of a lemon piece of card. These have then been stuck onto a Scalloped edged oval, all of these have been achieved with the Nestabilitie dies. I have also stamped a greeting onto a tag die, and cut these out with the dies as well, fed a piece of pink ribbon through a hole punched at the top. Both were then stuck to the centre piece of pink card.

To finish of the card I have punched out several flourishes using the EK flourish punches using some of the papers left from the centre, and on these I have stuck some flowers that I have created using my Floral Punch Craft book and appropriate punches. The finishing touch are the three pink jewels stuck to the bottom and the side of the card.

5 comments:

Linnie said...

fab work as always super colour cobination and layout
luv
linniex

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Shirley.l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Linanna DESIGNS said...

This is such a gorgeous card Shirley, lovely image and colour combination. I love the photo of your grandson too, he is so handsome! have a great evening hunny, hugs Linda x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Oh so beautiful Shirley and your colouring is gorgeous, Happy Birthday to Oliver and hope he had a fun day. Congratulations also on your awards, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Rach said...

this is a wonderful card Shirley, i love your take on the sketch..
Thank you so much for joining us at the just magnolia challenge blog. hugs rachxx