Friday 1 May 2009

Me and my Teddy


Ive got to own up to being a bit of a bear collector, so this card is definately one after my own heart, though its not been done in my favourite colour it is very near to it.

This is another of the Gorguss Girls, this is the one with the teddybear, Ive stamped her onto white card and have again used my copic pens. Ive then used one of my Nestabilitie Label dies to cut her out, and with dark blue mirri card Ive cut another to use as her mount. I expect you have also found that the dies really arnt big enough to use for the stamped images so I though by doing this with them you can at least rotate them and they do fit onto the die area, or at least thats my thoughts on the idea.

I have used 8"x 6" card size this time, and on this I have layered up firstly with a piece of pale blue pearlescent card and a patterned paper, then I have cut a strip of another patterned stripped paper, and with a new punch from Kreations cut a border of flowers. These punches come with 3 types of mask pieces that you can slot in to use as border and corner punches. This I have stuck across the middle and on top of this I have put a piece of the pale blue card and again I have used the same punch to punch the corners. I have then made another mount of dark blue mirri card and on top of this I have put a third spotted paper and have used the same punch again on the corners.

I then stuck the stamped image onto the middle of this mount, after which I stamped a greeting with my Just-Rite stamps and mounted this onto two colours of blue card, which again I have offset, this was then stuck to the top right hand side of the card.

To finish of I have made up a multi blue flower and put a blue pearl brad with a daisy spacer through the centre and attached a bear charm on the back. The last thing I have done is stuck some flower jewels across the bottom with some little blue jems in the centre of each.

8 comments:

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Shirley,l love the stamp and colours.
So beautiful papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Rach said...

a fabulous card Shirley, love how you have coloured your image, and the lovely colour that you have chosen, Enjoy your bank holiday weekend. hugs rachxx

Julie said...

Again a beautiful card. Love the colours, the 8" cards give you much more room. Ive priced a3 card and need to get some envelopes. Have a good weekend

Julie x

Linnie said...

ooo i do love that stamp your card is fab the colouring is superb
luv
linniex

Debbie said...

Another sweet card Shirley, the image is adorable and I love the soft colours and pretty flower details. Debbie x

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

what a lovely cards Shirley,
i love the flower bing that you have used to create the border.
the image is ADORABLE too
hugs
claudia

Marcea said...

gorgeous card Shirley, I also find the dies a bit on the small side and also rotate them ....much easier :o)
Have a wonderful weekend hunny
-x-

Bev said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the layout and colours hun, so pretty x