Thursday 14 May 2009

"Follow my Leader"


Todays card is another of the Penny Black images that Julie exchanged with me, this one I love with these little mice all carrying their balloons in a line.

Ive coloured the image with my Karisma pencils and have used some Diamond Glaze on the balloons to make them shine. Ive then used a pen around the edge and mounted it onto a piece of pale blue pearlescent card, Ive also written a line along the top of the card.

The base card is a 8"x 8" white card, and on top of this I have used the pale blue pearlescent card with one of the Bearly Mine papers, I have used three designs from the Extreme Designs Cd.2 this time and I love these ones especially as they are so vibrant.

The other two mounts have been placed at a L shape and I stamped a greeting onto white card and punched it out with a bit of the blue card with one of the ribbon labels from Spellbinders, and threaded through a piece of blue grosgrain ribbon and stuck this to the bottom of the card. Ive then positioned the stamped mounted image onto the middle of the card, and placed several cat buttons down the edge on the left, and a meow button at the botton. The final thing is the little blue pearl gems that were stuck to the top and down the centre of the card.

13 comments:

Julie said...

Wow! What a lovely cutie card. I love the follow my leader. The papers are lovely. Glad you like the stamp.
Love Julie x

Rach said...

this is a beautiful card Shirley, what a great idea to add the diamond glaze to the balloons. xx

Linnie said...

beautiful and so full of inspiration
thankyou for my award wonderful to have so many talented crafting friends
luv
linnie

Nikki Fairbairn said...

So cute Shirley and I love the sweet image, The diamond glaze is a great effect and love the little buttons too, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Unknown said...

Hi Popped over from Linnie to say hello as instructed, LOL. I love this card, so colourful and fun. Congrats on your Award too. Hugs Avril xxx

Poppy said...

aww they are so cute, love the ballons,great colours Shirley,lovely and bright.
poppy

Lia said...

wow shirley,your card is such a brilliant card I love the colors and the stamp is to cute
hugs lia

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Shirley must say I love this one and the colours and papers are fab and those mice awww they are so cute. I have left something for you on my blog.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Riet said...

Wowww shirley,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colours.

hugs Riet.x

Sue said...

ohhh gorgeous card Shirley luv the image, scrummy papers,sue.x

Carole said...

Fabulous card, the glossy balloons are wonderful...so sweet!
Hugs
Carole x

sparklybitsblog said...

oh shirley i simply love what you have done with this stamp i have the penny black ones in my shop and how i keep my hands off them is beyond me lol i love the colours the layout in fact i love everything about it so bright and cheerful x mandy

Chris said...

Beautiful! Those mice are so cute and I love the shine you've added to the balloons. Such a pretty card Shirley, I love it. Chris xx