Thursday 7 May 2009

Country Cousins - Girl with Cats


Todays card has been made using the new Funky Kits Country Cousins stamps, Ive chosen to use the little girl playing with her cats. Ive stamped the image onto white card and coloured her with my Karisma pencils, after I cut it her with the large Rectangle Nestabilitie die, and the Deckle Edged one for the mount that Ive mounted her on with foam.

The base card is a 8"x 8" white card and the for the first layer I have used a pale lilac pearlescent card on which I have used one of three papers that Ive printed from the new Bearly Mine Extreme Designs Vol.2 Designs cd. For the second layer I have used one of the patterned ones, this one a flower one and I have used a Fiskars border punch along the edges, Ive then stuck it across the centre of the card. On top of this I have used another piece of mauve pearlescent card and a third layer of paper this one is a large spot sun design, and around the two I have stuck a grosgrain ribbon.

Ive then stuck my stamped mounted image over the centre layer, and made up two flowers from my crafty stash, and in the centre I have put a spacer and pearl brad, on the bottom one I have attached a butterfly charm from the back. The greeting is one that I found amoung my stamps, which I felt fitted the small diecut that I have chosen to mount it on.

To finish of the card I have stuck two cat buttons to the left hand side at the bottom and two flower jewels on the ribbon to the right hand side of the stamped image.

14 comments:

Julie said...

Great card Shirley, I love the papers they co-ordinate really well. How do you do the inserts for the 8" cards. Love Julie x

Nannieflash said...

I actually use an A3 piece of paper and fold it in half, then stick a bit of double sided tape to one of the corners to stop it moving around when you are printing, then I print on it like an A4 size of paper. If you want to put patterns arpund it I use the My Craft Studio program to design it then print on both sides of the A4(A3 folded in half) paper. love Shirleyxxxxx

Rach said...

a beautiful card Shirley, love that image that you have used. hugs rachxxx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my Shirley this card is awesome those colours are just the best and love that image love it.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Riet said...

Wowww Shirley,what a beautiful card,l love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Sue said...

beautiful card Shirley, luv the stamp,coloured lovely, sue.x

Debbie said...

A beautiful card Shiley, the image is so sweet and I love the pretty papers and flowers. Debbie x

Bev said...

Oh wow! This is just so pretty Shirley - the colours are so yummy! Fabby papers too. And I've just been reading your tip for printiing the insert - genius!! x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

So pretty Shirley and love the cute image and your colouring, such gorgeous colours and love those buttons, Big Hugs, Nikki x

Janet said...

Another beautiful card Shirley. Fab image and I like how you have used the little cats.X

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning Shirley, how are you today hunny? its pouring of rain here now, how miserable! wow what a gorgeous card, you have got to work on your new stamps so quickly, you put me to shame!! i love this card, how clever you are. Have a great day hunny, hugs Linda x

Anonymous said...

Another beautiful card Shirley, you know how to work these stamps! My country cousins arrived today...can't wait to use them.
Hugs
Carole x

Donna said...

Gorgeous layout with the papers Shirley, they all go so lovely together, and great image. I've got the new stamps too, just haven't been able to use them yet, hopefully soon
hugs
Donna

Yvonne said...

WOW , adore the way you have done the flowers, The colours on this card are beautiful. and Tilda is coloured to perfection.