Friday 8 May 2009

Country Cousins - Country Style


Todays card is another of the new Country Cousin Stamps, this one is called Country Style from Funky Kits. Ive stamped onto white card and again used my Karisma pencils to colour it, Ive then cut it out with the large rectangle die and then for the mount I used a deckle edged one.

The base card is a 8"x 8" base card, and down the edge I have used the Martha Stewart punch to make an edge, behind which I have stuck to the inside, a piece of the first patterned paper. Afterwards Ive then used a pale green card for the first mount, on which I have layered up again one of three papers that Ive chosen from the new Bearly Mine Designs Cd, the second mount is a piece of a stronger green card with the second of the papers, and around the edge Ive used grosgrain ribbon, the third and last mount is another of the papers and this one has got some of the grosgrain ribbon wound around the top of it.

I have layered both mounts in an upside down L design, and then stuck the mounted stamped image across the front of one of the mounts. The flower was created with several different sizes of petals and then used a jewelled brad in the centre. The final thing Ive done is stamp a greeting onto white card and cut it to fit a small deckled edged die cut. Looking at the photo it doesnt look quite straight so I may need to remove it and stick it down again, sorry about that.

11 comments:

Linnie said...

this is just lovley i adore the image and your composition is just lovley
luv
linniexxx

Marcea said...

This is so pretty Shirley, you have some really scrummy cards again this week. Loving your fab flower .... delish!
-x-

Rach said...

so pretty Shirley, love the beautiful flower that you have added. xx

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Shirley,l love the image.

Hugs Riet.x

coldwaters2 said...

This is so beautiful Shirley I love that image I have a couple from that range but haven't used them much at the moment. I must say you are very inspirational and I do love these bog cards you can get more on them.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card Shirley, love this new image. Great border detail and lovin' that large flower.
Have a great weekend.
Hugs
Carole x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

So pretty Shirley and love the sweet image and your colouring, love the huge bloom too, Have a wonderful weekend, Big Hugs, Nikki x

cats whiskers said...

What a lovely card Hun, fab papers and great image beautifully coloured, love it all.
Have a great weekend
Hugs Jacqui x

Bev said...

So adorable sweetie, I echo Marcea - you have made some truly sensational cards this week. Love the image on this one, so adorable. x

Donna said...

Another really pretty card Shirley, love that big flower you used too, it really stands out.
Lovely choice of papers again...lol
hugs
Donna

Ria van Son said...

Oh what a lovely card this is ;) The image is adorable ;)
Shirley thanks for always writing sweet messages on my blog. I really appreciate it. I hope to find more time after my vacation to blog hop more and be a good bloggingfriend :)
hugss Ria