Friday 2 October 2009

Cute Card Challenge - 1st Occasion Card


Todays card has been created for this weeks Cute Card Thursday Challenge, and this one is for a card for any first occasion, Ive chosen a baby's first Christmas card mainly because I have one to create for my hubbys second granddaughter.

Ive used again one of Janets new Christmas stamps from Pink Gems, they are absolutely gorgeous, and this one is so right for a baby's first Christmas. Ive stamped it out onto white card and coloured her with my copic pens. I then glittered her hat and around the top of the sock, then Ive cut her out with my scissors completely. Ive then put a piece of pink pearlescent card through my cuttlebug machine with a holly leaf embossing folder, then cut it out with one of the new Xmas Nestabilitie dies, this one is the Xmas Tree. Ive then stuck my stamped image onto this tree with some foam tape.

The base card is a 6"x 6" white card (yes a different size for a change) and onto this I have layered up some pink card, and one of two Christmas designs from Donna's Bearly Mine designs, these come from the new Extreme Designs Vol.III. This first paper is a lovely all over greetings design, for the second layer Ive used another piece of the same pink card with a second pattern and this one has a lovely design of flying snowmen, Ive also wrapped a pink organza ribbon around this mount and tied a bow, this was then stuck on top of the first layer to the to the top left hand corner.

Ive then stuck my mounted image to the centre of the card, after which I have punched out some snowflakes with my Martha Stewart punches, layered them up and then Ive used some stickles glue along the branches of them and around the centres where I have stuck some pink pearl gems.

12 comments:

Debbie said...

Such a sweet card Shirley, the image is adorable and I love the pretty papers and details.
Also, I just wanted to say thanks for your kind words and support through this worrying time for me .... I really do appreciate it and they have really kept me going...thanks so much hun. Mwah Debbie x

Rach said...

This is so sweet Shirley, beautifully coloured.... You have no need to be envious... you are one very talented crafter sweetie... hugs rachxx

Janet said...

Awww this is beautiful Shirley!! Well done!x

Denise Clark said...

Shirley, this is just precious. This is my grandson 2nd Christmas but this card could easily be adapted with a little blue and a 2. :) Very sweet!

Thank you for your comments on my blog. I am doing okay. I miss my son so much. It's very difficult. I am grateful for my friends here on the web. You've all been wonderful!

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Ooooooh - this is so gorgeous Shirley. Love the cute baby image and your embossed pink tree - absolutely adorable!
Have a great weekend.
Hugs, Sylvia xxxxxx

dolcreations said...

Shirley this is just stunning. The image is beautiful. I love this, it is just so pretty! Love the glitter!
Christine

hobbyvita said...

hallo
what sweet map. The creation and the Farwahl is wonderful. There I have show sometimes on my Blog what for you.

Dear greeting

cats whiskers said...

Evening Shirley dear, thanks for your lovely comments this morning dear they really made me feel better.
Wow this card is stunning and I have just realised what a perfect image it will be for Lucys first christmas so I may have to pinch this idea from you hun
Hugs Jacqui x

Unknown said...

What a beautiful card, love the image, just so cute, I am sure your grand=daughter will love it...I am trying to think off a 1st for my card...Hugs Avril xxxxx

brenda said...

Hi Shirley

This is very pretty, what a wondeful Christening card and keepsake.

B x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is adorable, wonderful image and beautiful colours.
luv
Debby

ramschi44 said...

Your card is indeed a Traum.Bin them very excited because I've become even just four weeks Grandma.
Greetings Dear Ramona