Wednesday 7 October 2009

Mo's 1st Challenge - Perple alias Purple


I was really excited when I discovered that Mo Manning was going to start her own Challenge Blog, and even more so today to find that the first challenge incorporates the colour Purple, to be honest I suspect a lot of you know its my favourite colour as well as Bella's and my mums.

Anyway Ive used the new image thats being used as the title for the new blog, its Bella and Bronte drawing, I think its gorgeous and wanted to buy and use it as soon as found out it was for sale. Ive printed her out and coloured her with my copic pens, after which I have cut her out with my rotatrim and use a purple chalkpad to distress the edges, then mounted her onto a piece of mauve pearlescent card. I then designed a greeting which I felt went well with her and then printed it out and did the same with the edges and mounted this also onto a piece of the same coloured pearlescent card.

The card is a 8"x 8" base white card, and for the first layer Ive used another piece of the same pearlescent card and for this card Ive used one of the four designs of papers for the first layer, (they are Noah's Ark papers from Nitwit Downloads) I love this site it has the most gorgoeus papers. Ive then used the other three papers and my doily edge Martha Stewart Border punch, then layered them up and put a piece of the ribbon I won in some blogcandy from Jacqui around the centre and attached it to the back of the first mount.

On top of this I have stuck my image with some foam tape, and the greeting Ive put below it to the right handside of the card. To finish of Ive used two different crochet flowers and popped a pearl brad through their centres, from one of them Ive hung a dog charm. I then punched out some pine leaves stuck them onto the card with some silicone glue and then popped the flowers on top.

27 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this card it is gorgeous....my fav colour also hugs nikki xxxx

dolcreations said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I love those purples! I really like the crochet flowers! Your image is so cute, great colouring job!
Christine

Dawn B. said...

This is adorable. Isn't she the cutest.. Thanks so much for playing along in our first challenge. Hope to see you again next week.

Mandy said...

Oh Shirley your card is so beautiful, very pretty and girly.
Gorgeous crochet flowers
hugs Mandy xx

brenda said...

Hi Shirley

Now I would never have guessed you like purple !

Really pretty card, love the little doggie.

B x

Elena said...

Your cards are always so beautiful. I love the crochet flowers that you used. Purple is one of my fav colors. TFS! Hugs~Elena

shulsart said...

Shirley, I love your Bella and Bronte card and yes, I can tell you like purple. Thank you for joining in on the fun. We hope to see you again soon on Mo's Challenge Blog.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous Shirley, I really need to get that printer and fast, love Mo's designs, love purple too....hugs Avril xxxx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh boy Shirley what a stunner this is I love your papers and the flower queen has worked her magic with the flowers they are beautiful.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous!! I just love the purple and those crocheted flowers in deep purple!! Gorgeous coloring of that adorable image!!!

Caryn said...

How fabulous that you used our challenge header image - isn't she great? Your card is fantastic hun, I love it. Thanks for joining us at Mo's first challenge.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

Elaine L. said...

Wonderful coloring, and those purple crocheted flowers are beautiful! Thanks for playing along with the challenge.

Cathy said...

Shirley, Beautiful Bella and Bronte card. Love the crochet flowers. Thanks for playing.

Enfys said...

This is stunning Shirley, great use of the MS punch, it looks so pretty, and the image is gorgeous
luv
En xx

Janet said...

Another gorgeous work of art Shirley! the image is fab and you have coloured it beautifuly!x

debby4000 said...

Oh this is adorable, wonderful card.
luv
Debby

Rach said...

A beautiful card Shirley.xx

mueppi said...

Good day dear Shirley
It is always a pleasure to look at your works!
This map and the motive are again quite charming, and conjuring me a smile to my face!
I wish you another wonderful creative day!
Warm regards my dear friend
from the raining Düsseldorf
Gisela

cats whiskers said...

Hi Shirley what a little stunner love this card and of course Mo's image
Hugs Jacqui x

Denise Clark said...

So pretty, Shirley. I love your purples! This card feels like it has a lot of texture. Love it! Wonderful image!

Paula said...

This is beautiful Shirley i love the colours and the image is fabulous and perfectly coloured as always.
Paula xxxx

Donnas Den said...

Shirley, your card is great. I wish I hadn't read your post though because I've just been to Nitwits and spent a fortune, lol.

Speak to you soon,

Donna

Elaine said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

Thank you for playing along with the challenge! Hope to see you playing along again next week! :)

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

A beautiful card...beautifully coloured! Love all the detail in it too x
Thanks for joining in with Mo's very first challenge, and hope to see you again :)

Ali Dantre said...

Oh Shirley!.......these are fantastic sweetheart! you so inspire me. Love chatting to you, hope all is ok, will ring you in the week babes.
Love Lisa.xxxx

June Nelson said...

Brilliant card, love it, thanks so much for joining us at MDP challenge this week, huggies June xx

The Wired Angel said...

Beautiful job Shirley.. thanks for participating in Mo's challenge and for sharing your talent with us. Best, Peggy