Friday 30 October 2009

Guess what I won a Stampin for the Weekend Blinkie



Im sorry I havent been around for a couple of days, its been a bit hectic here, weve had a new shower installed and my hubby has been tearing his hair out with trying to tile around it and finish of putting up a shelf at the top of the bath, and guess what hes having a nervous breakdown, so I havent had much time to devote to do any crafting, as Ive been trying to write this post Ive been called several times to inspect his work, so you can image what it would be like if I was in the throws of trying to make a card.

I also received the new Sarah Hallam CD by Peerless Designs, the other day which means I have some samples to create for her, the new program is due to be aired on Create and Craft on the 15th November so I have to get a move on and start making them. The new Cd is absolutely stunning as all Sarahs are, this one is called Woodland Friends and you can guess what it has on it, Badgers, Owls, Squirrels, Hedgehogs, Doormice and lovely things of that nature, I will be posting my efforts as I make them.

I really wanted to tell you that I won a Blinkie for my card for the Stampin for the Weekend Challenge last week, and Im thrilled to pieces at that, as I can pop it on my side bar and wear it with pride, thank you so much to all those judges who considered my card worthy of it. Bless you and thanks.

I will be posting two photos for you to see the mess weve been in for the last month, what with having to have a new bath as well, its been a real struggle to try and get the bathroom straight again. (This is the first time my hubby has done any tiling and I dont think hes done a to bad a job of it).

10 comments:

Poppy said...

Congratulations Shirley, must say tiling looks lovely, well done hubby.Have a lovely weekend.
poppy

Denise Clark said...

Congrats on your Blinkie!

Any construction going on in the house is distracting but we do what we must. I bet your bath will look lovely when finished!

Enfys said...

Oh I sympathise, I hate it when work is going in the house, one room, and the whole place is disrupted. Well done on the blinkie. Hope you are back to your craft table very soon,
hugs
En xx

brenda said...

Oh dear Shirley, nothing worse that being all upside down and it's aleays the worse with kitchens and bathrooms. Do hope it's soon sorted.

B x

Zwissel said...

Dear Shirley,
Congratulations to the profit!!
Please me with you!
Wishes to you All the best
Dorisxxxxx

Lavender and old lace said...

well done Shirley on your win I look forward to seeing what you did, and bad luck with the bathroom, look on the bright side it is keeping your beloved from under your feet for some of the time love Dorothy

Sue said...

Hi Shirley
congratulations on ya blinkie hun,, look forward to seeing your new creations with the cd, i think hubbie has done a brill job with the tiling, lovely new bathroom. Hope you have time to play now, sue.x

Amanda said...

Congratulations Shirley,
It was a lovely card and well deserved.

Good luck with the repairs I hope they don't put you out too long.

Amanda

Christine said...

Hi Shirley congrats on your blinkie win..your B/room will look gorgeous when its finished..

hugs Christine xx

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your Win Shirley, much deserved, your hubby looks like he is doing a good job with the tiling, my hubby is awful at DIY, but he does try "bless him" it will all be worth it when it is finished, can't wait to see your samples for Sarah's show, wish I could buy from C&C, especially now that Leonie has gone over from QVC, well thank goodness for ebay....LOL. All My Love, Avril xxxx