Monday 26 October 2009

My First Digi Image onto a Candle


Well Ive been experimenting on trying to get an image on to a candle and my first attempt was really awful so I wasnt quite sure I want to try again, but as my middle daughter is a lover of candles I thought Id give it a go, and be brave about it.

Well I printed a image of the wonderful Mo Mannings, its the Holly Fairy onto a piece of tissue, now this is one of the first problems I encountered, you really need to make sure that the tissue is well attached to the paper so that it doesnt buckle as its going through the printer, I also used a program that allowed me to site it in the centre in case I had another problem with it buckling but luck was on my side this time it went through absolutely fine.

I then coloured the image with my copic pens, and afterwards cut it out ready to pop onto my candle, this was held in place with a piece of greaseproof paper, and you hold the two ends tight so that you are able to able your heat gun over the image, the greaseproof paper actually reacts the same way as your embossing powders, you can see it slightly change colour and it also starts to melt on top of the paper.

Once you remove your greaseproof paper, there you are the image on a candle, I will probably pop some little sparkly gems to make it zing, but I thought you like to see the result so far.

20 comments:

Unknown said...

WELL DONE Christine, this is amazing I love it, candles are my favourite things too. Hugs Avril xxx

CraftyC said...

Well done Shirley, your candle is beautiful
Clairexx

Poppy said...

well done, it looks lovely I'm sure your daughter will love it.
poppy

Saskia said...

Christine,

Lovely candle!!

Saskia :)

Poppy said...

I have left you an award on my blog I think you might have already had it, so just ignore if you have as I know they take time.
poppy

dolcreations said...

Shirley this is beautiful! Your daughter is going to love it! I love the soft ivory candle with the soft blues! That is one candle that will not be lit!
Christine

Kimmi said...

Brilliant Candle the Image looks perfect! Never tried to put a Digi Image onto a candle, didn't think it possible, only tried Stamped Images :D

Well done you!! You've inspired me to try it, however I have a long list of things to do first!

Hugs

Kimmi xx

Donnas Den said...

Shirley, that's turned out really well. Well done.

Donna

mueppi said...

Hello Shirley
your candle is wonderful!
You did a great job!
Have a great week!!!!!!!!!
Big Hugs hun Gisela

Unknown said...

hi shirley well done your candle is rely beautiful i have put some more cards on my bloge love liz xx

Tina'sAngels said...

It is fantastic wow so clever i would love to try something like this.
Hugs Tina xx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how clever are you!! I would jam my printer for sure. Gorgeous coloring of that image. Your daughter would love this Shirley!!
Have a great day!!
Chris

Paula said...

Oh wow this is so so pretty Shirley you make it look so easy.
Paula xxxx

Mary said...

wow loving this one, great idea for any gift, well done love

Take Care
Mary xx

Lavender and old lace said...

well done Shirley this looks beautiful it would make a great stocking filler, I have used the same image on a card only today, I have just posted on my blog so great minds think alike, dont they say love Dorothy

Claireabelle said...

Wow Shirley, this is amazing!
x

Bev said...

Oooh what a brilliant idea sweetie and what a stunning result too! x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

This is fabulous Shirley - well done for having another go at the technique. Your daughter will love it!
Hugs, Sylvia xxxxxxx

rozzyb said...

Oh WOW Shirley, your candle is fantastic. I would love to put digi images onto tissue, but our printer just wont have it. I have to stick to the manual printing!!
Thanks you so much for popping over to my blog so regually, it really does mean a lot to me :)
I'm always so busy either moderating on the trimcraft forum, or making acrds for The Crafty pad, that i dont get a lot of time to Blog hop or enter many challenges..but I do try to ocassionally.
Hope you are keeping well.
have a wonderful weekend
hugs rozzy xx

Janie Printz said...

WOW I am the MOST impressed !!! This is such a beautiful creation & I'd love to try it but I did not know you could use digi stamps like this ... I've done stamped images on tissue paper a long time ago but how do you adhere your tissue paper to get it to go thru your printer? LOVE that idea & hopefully you can explain it so I can give it a try.
Thanks so much ...Simply gorgeous..
Hugs. Janie