Thursday 1 October 2009

The Last Halloween Card


I promise you this is the last one, but this one is for my adopted granddaughter in Scotland, and Im hopeing that she will enjoy this one. Ive used one of Janet's of Pink Gems lovely stamps, this one is Halloween Mimi, definitely suitable for a young girl. Ive stamped her out onto white card and coloured with my copic pens, she was then cut out with my rotatrim and mounted onto dark blue card. Ive also stamped the greeting from the same clear Hero Arts Halloween stamps that I used for my last card, and this also has been mounted onto a piece of the same coloured card, I have used a dark blue chalk inkpad around the edge to distress it and give it a cloudy effect.

The base card is a 8"x 8" white card with my first layer of lilac coloured pearlescent card with the first of my papers, this one is another of the Bearly Mine designs, and on top of this I have used a Nitwit paper with stars on, not that you can see them, Ive used my Martha Stewart Pumpkin border punch on the two edges. On top of this I have layed a piece of the same lilac pearlescent card but Ive put it through my cuttlebug machine and the pumpkin embossing folder first. On top of this I have put some hessian ribbon and in the centre of it I have put some thicker ribbon around the centre and then stuck it across my base card.

The next thing Ive done is stuck my mounted stamped image in the centre and the greeting below to the right hand side. To finish of Ive punched out some petals with my punches, moulded them with a ball tool and made a hole through the centre and stuck a pearl brad through and hung a witches head charm from the back. Ive then punched out some black leaves and positioned them around some silicone glue before sticking the flower to the centre. Ive also stuck some star gems at the top on the right.

11 comments:

Claireabelle said...

This is lovely Shirley, I love that witches head charm
xx

dolcreations said...

This is too cute! wow you have been so busy! Your granddaughter is going to love her card! My favourite is the little charm that matches the image just perfectly!
Great job,
Christine

Unknown said...

this is lovely....love these colours..hugs nikki xx

Elaine said...

This is just too cute!

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Shirley how fabulous I have been really enjoying seeing these Halloween cards they are all beauties and the colours and images have all been so different.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Stefanie`s Bastelecke said...

Your card is great, wonderfull colours and a nice motive.

Happy Halloween :-) !!!

Hugs
Stefanie

Janet said...

Aww this is gorg shirley!!x

Christine said...

Ohhh Shirley this is gorgeous great colour combo & Mimi is lovely Iv'e not used mine yet...

hugs Christine xx

Enfys said...

This is so sweet for a little girl, she will love it. I am loving the pink gem images, and you did this one proud!
hugs
En xx

debby4000 said...

Oh what a gorgeous card, fab cute image.
luv
Debby

Saskia said...

Great card in great colours! :)

Saskia :)