Monday 12 October 2009

Whiff of Joy Baby Card - A Card for Alison


Firstly I want to THANK all those lovely people asking about my stomach problems, well the yougart seems to be working and my awful stomach pain seems to be gone and Im now on the mend at last, so thank you for your concern about me, it was such a lovely thing to do I appreciate that very much.

Anyway todays card has been created for the Whiff of Joy candy with a twist challenge. Ive stamped on of the Whiff of Joy Stamps, Willow with her new baby onto a piece of white card and coloured her with my copic pens, after which I have punched her out with the Deckle Edge Nestabilitie die, and Ive used a larger one with a piece of beautiful blue pearlescent card for the mount, Ive also used a greeting stamp from the same set and done a similar thing with that as well.

The base card is a 8"x 8" white card, and for the first layer I have used another piece of the same dark blue card and one of three papers from the Sue Bottles Country Cousins papers (these are from a Craft Cd that I have in my stash) and stuck this to the base card. The second layer is another of the papers on this I have used one of my Martha Stewart border punches, for the third layer I have run a lighter blue pearlescent card through my cuttlebug with one of the new CraftsToo embossing folders, this has lots of different shaped daisies on, this was stuck in the centre of the last layer.

The fourth mount is yet another piece of the dark blue card and my third paper was cut and stuck on top of this, but before sticking it to my card I have attached some lace at the bottom and a piece of blue satin ribbon around it and attached it to the back of this layer, then positioned it at the bottom of my card. I then made a blue bow and attached this on the ribbon, with the mounted greeting to the other side of it.

The stamped mounted image was then stuck in the centre of my card. To finish of Ive created with some left over papers from the same Cd, some flowers which I have punched out using me Retro punches then moulded them with my ball tool. Ive then popped a blue pearl brad through the centre with a daisy spacer, on the second one Ive hung a rocking horse charm from this brad.

Ive then punched out some fern leaves and arranged them in a circle before sticking the flowers on top.

15 comments:

Elaine said...

Absolutely beautiful!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, stunning work with the image and beautiful details. Glad to hear the yogurt worked.
luv
Debby

Sue said...

wow what a gorgeous card, luv the colour combo, beautiful papers, coloured perfect.sue.x

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Shirley this is awesome love your colours and image and I am thrilled that the yoghurt is working and that you are on the mend...best news I have heard today.

Hugs
Lorraine x

brenda said...

Hi Shirley

Glad you are feeling a bit better.

Wonfeful card that image is delightful.

B x

Linnie said...

Hope you feeling better Shirley and your cards are amazing
luv
linniexxx

Chris said...

Hi Shirley, I love your card! Such a sweet and beautifully coloured image and the papers and design are gorgeous. Sorry to read that you've been unwell after having the camera op but very glad that you're feeling better now. My Dad had something similar a few months ago and had the same awful pain afterwards so I suppose it must all be part of it. Take care of yourself. Hugs, Chris xx

cats whiskers said...

OMG Shirley this is just wonderful dear I love it all
Hugs Jacqui x

Christine said...

Wow Shirley this is a stunning creation image & colouring is perfect love everything about it.

Hugs Christine xxx

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

This is stunning Shirley, with such delicate colouring and beautiful embellishments. Pleased you are feeling much better now, and long may it continue.
Thank you for taking part in the "Ugly" game too!
Lots of love, Sylvia xxxx

Bev said...

Absolutley adorable card Shirley, and so pretty too. Thanks so much for joining us sweetie x

hobbyvita said...

hallo Shirley,
wau was für eine zauberhafte Karte.

LG

Birsel

Mandy said...

Another Stunning card Shirley.
So pleased the yoghurt is working
hugs Mandy xx

Paula said...

Absolutly stunning Shirley such an adorable image and such pretty colours and details.
Paula xxxx

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, so delicate too!!
hugs Angela x