Saturday 3 October 2009

Just Magnolia Challenge - Handmade Flowers


Well I was in my element when I discovered that this weeks challenge is to create Flowers, as I love using Floral Punch craft to create my flowers, and luckily I had actually created three roses a few weeks ago that were ready to be used on cards, Ive already used the pink one a week or so ago, and I remembered I did have a yellow a red one still left in my box.

So I used one of the Tilda stamps that was just right for this flower, she is holding a huge bouquet of roses, so after stamping her out Ive coloured her with my copic pens, making the roses yellow to blend with my created rose. I then cut her out with my Nestabilitie label die eight, and drew around the same size die to create a mount for her, Ive used yellow pearlescent card for this and all through creating this card. The greeting was stamped onto a small piece of white card and then punched out with the mount from one of the double ended tags, this one has holes for ribbon.

The base card is my usual 8"x 8" card and onto this I have layered up for my first layer a piece of yellow card and a paper from yet again Donna's Bearly Mine Extreme Designs Vol.III, Ive actually used two of the designs this time, a beautiful swirl one for the first layer and then Ive used a yellow spotted one for my third mount and a small piece for the edge of the second which has been punched along the edge with my Martha Stewart border punch, you can just see it above the stamped image. The second layer is a piece of the same pearlescent card, but Ive put it through my cuttlebug with the lovely rose embossing folder, this was then stuck to the left hand side of the card with the small piece of the yellow paper underneath.

The third mount was positioned at the bottom but I firstly threaded two ribbons through the holes of my greeting and stuck it around this mount before sticking to my card. Ive then positioned my mounted image on my card which is a little of centre to the right.

My flower arrangement was created with several punched out leaves and some bead sprays which I have arranged in some silicone glue, before sticking the rose on top I have stuck some rose leaves into the glue as well and then the rose was positioned on top. The final thing Ive done is stick three pearl gems to the top on the right hand side.

24 comments:

Denise said...

Wow Shirley, this is a very BEautiful & Stunning card! You always create such beauty!

Denise said...

Wow Shirley, this is a very BEautiful & Stunning card! You always create such beauty!

Paula said...

Oh wow Shirly those flowers look amazing wow and such lovely colours and details.
Paula xxxx

Claireabelle said...

Gorgeous card Shirley, I love your handmade flowers
xx

Janet said...

Beautiful card and your hand made flowers are stunning Chuck!x

Unknown said...

Fab card as always Shirley and the flower is just devine, you should be selling these....Hugs Avril xxxx

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is so beautiful Shirley!! I just love your yellow and gold. So elegant!!! Great coloring on Tilda!!

I have blog candy on my blog if you are interested.

dolcreations said...

Wow is right! This card is just stunning. The image is SO perfect for your homemade rose! Wow...that rose is just awesome..you have created a beauty here! I'm off to crochet some flowers for the challenge!
Happy Card Making Day,
Christine

Kim Dellow said...

Wow Shirley! what a stunning card, That flower is just fabulous. Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Kim

Unknown said...

HAPPY CARD MAKING DAY!! I hope that you are having a great one and feeling creative. We have blog candy at my blog too! Come on in and take a look!

Have a great day!
Jessica Lynn

Christine said...

Ohhh Shirley this is stunning, yummy flower..sure to make some peeps feel better.

Hugs Christine xx

Unknown said...

HAPPY CARD MAKING DAY!! I hope that you are having a great one and feeling creative. We have blog candy at my blog too! Come on in and take a look!

Have a great day!
Jessica Lynn

Saskia said...

Shirley,

This card is soooo gorgeous!!!! Beautiful work!!!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

mi sello personal said...

Oh wow ,beautiful work as always hugs ...Laura

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, I love how you have made your rose, its beautiful!! Lovely colouring too,
hugs Angela x

mueppi said...

Hello Shirley
your card is so wonderful like all your works!!
I love the colours and all details!!!!
I wish you a great day my dear
Big hugs your friend from germany Gisela

brenda said...

Absolutely stunning Shirely, I love yellow, so bright and cheerful and that rose if wondeful. Well done.

B x

Donnas Den said...

Shirley,

It's hard to believe that the floral arrangement is handmade. Wonderful,

Donna

Bev said...

What a bright, cheery and happy card Shirley. Love the big flower too, it's gorgeous! x

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, beautiful Tilda and what a wonderful rose.
luv
Debby

cats whiskers said...

Morning Shirley dear, this is beautiful hun and wow what a stunning flower and arrangement just beautiful
Hugs Jacqui x

CraftyC said...

Your card is beautiful Shirley and I just love your handmade flower. Well done on winning the candy and hope you have a lovely week!!
Clairex

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Hi Shirley
This is so beautiful, and I love your handmade flowers. Fabulous!!
Love, Sylvia xxx

Rach said...

wow a gorgeous flower shirley is there no end to your talent.. love your card it is so beautiful. xxx