Friday 16 October 2009

Mo's Challenge No.2 - Autumn Colours


Wow another fantastic idea for this weeks Challenge card, and Ive used this gorgeous one by Mo Manning of a young lad lounging after sweeping up a load of leaves. I love the sound of them crunching when walking through the leaves in the Autumn, Im so lucky as I live in the Royal Forest of Dean and we of course have loads of the most gorgeous trees and at the moment they are changing in colours and showing themselves in all their splender. By trying to copy this isnt the most easiest of things to do, but I hope that Ive gone someway to doing so.

I then used a sepia inkpad to distress the edges, and then mounted it onto a piece of orange card. The sentiment is one of the Just-Rite stamps, you now can get them over here from Stampeezee. After I cut it out with my oval nestabilitie die and used a larger one for the mount.

The base card is a 8"x 8" white card and for the first layer I have used a piece of green pearlescent card and one of four papers that I bought from Nitwit Downloads, these are from the Not Far to Fall collection. The second and third layers are punched along all edges with a EK Success tree border punch, these were layered up on top of the base layer. For the fourth layer I have used a piece of a paler orange pearlescent card and a fourth paper around which I have positioned a piece of ribbon that has loads of leaves on.

My coloured image has then been positioned on top of these layers with the sentiment which was stuck to the bottom right hand side. To finish of I have used several different sizes of buttons, these are all a maple leaf form and were positioned in all different corners.

22 comments:

Unknown said...

A real autumn feel to your card, the colours are perfect!!
hugs Angela x

Elaine L. said...

Great card! Thanks for joining in the challenge this week.

Rach said...

ooooh this is beautiful Shirley, gorgeous card.xxx

Paula said...

Oh wow Shirley this is beautiful just love the colours and as always fabulous detail.
Paula xxxx

Poppy said...

gorgeous card Shirley,I love autumn think it must remind me of being a child and kicking leaves......lol
poppy

Swaantje said...

Hello Shirley,
your card is beautiful..
The image is cute and I love your pretty papers!
Lovely details..

Have a great day!
Greetings
Swaani

Debbie said...

A really autumnal card Shirley, I love the image and your colouring is beautiful. Debbie x

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wowzer!! This autumn card is gorgeous!!! I just love that image, your coloring and design!! Gorgeous Shirley!!
Have a great day!!
Chris

sparklybitsblog said...

thats beautiful shirley love the colours x mandy

brenda said...

Isn't this a great image Shirley. I really do love all these Autumn colours.

B x

Dawn B. said...

I love this fall image. You did a great job coloring it. Super fall card Shirley. Thanks so much for joining us at Mo's challenge.

Christine said...

Beautifull card Shirley love the autumnal colours stunning.

Hugs Christine xx

coldwaters2 said...

This is fabulous Shirley your colouring is awesome.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Caryn said...

Gorgeous, great choice of image. Thanks for joining us at Mo's.

Hugs,
Caryn xxx

shulsart said...

Shirley, lovely autumn card. I love that image as well. Thanks for joining us on Mo's Challenge blog. We hope to see you again soon.

Anonymous said...

AW....what a relaxing feeling to this card!

Thanks for entering Mo's challenge!

The Wired Angel said...

Beautiful job with our challenge this week Shirley. Thanks for participating and sharing your talent with us. Hugs, Peggy

Cathy said...

Shirley, your card is beautiful. LOL, I picked the same image for my card. Thanks for playing in the challenge!

Cathy said...

Shirley, your card is beautiful. LOL, I picked the same image for my card. Thanks for playing in the challenge!

debby4000 said...

Oh this is gorgeous, wonderful image and beautiful Autumn colours.
luv
Debby

Denise Clark said...

Both terrific, happy feeling cards. My fav is the boy in the leaves. He sure is having a good time!

mueppi said...

Hi Shirley
I love your autumn card and this little boy!!
Your colouring is perfect!!!
Have a great evening!
Big hugs hun Gisela