Todays card has been created for the Stampin for the Weekend and Mo Mannings Challenges, Ive again combined the two as Ive still got to make a start on some of the samples for Sarah, Ive created one thing already and will post it probably next week as tomorrow Im going to post my Blogcandy, as its nearly a year since I started blogging and its almost my birthday and the biggest thrill of all is Ive nearly received my 10,000 hits, you wont see the counter for this as its right down the bottom of my blog and was the first counter that I put on the blog. So its to be a triple wammy one and I hope that you will all take part in it.
Back to the card, Ive created a easel card for Mo's challenge and used purple, blue and orange and the theme is "Girls just wanna have fun" for the Stampin for the weekend challenge, so I hope that it hits both camps. The base card is the most difficult part of the design, it has to be three pieces of 8"x 8" size pieces stuck together to make one long 8"x 24" size card, and onto this I have layered up firstly for the inside one Ive used a piece of mauve card with one of Donna's Bearly Mine Extreme Vol.III Designs, a pretty mauve one and on top of this I have put a strip of the same mauve card with yet another of the papers which I have used one of my Martha Stewart border punches along both of the edges then wrapped a piece of ribbon around it and attached it to the back. Ive then made up two brads and put them through the ribbon to hold up the front flap then stuck towards the bottom of this page.
For the front of my card Ive used a piece of Orange card with one of the orange designs and on top of this Ive layered up a further two pieces of blue patterned paper with the same border punch design along the edges. My gorgeous Mo Manning image was printed from my computer and coloured with my copic pens, and then it was cut out and with some blue chalkpad, Ive distressed the edges of it, then mounted it onto a piece of blue pearlescent card. The sentiment was printed from my computer and mounted in the same way.
To finish of Ive used a large crochet flower and four small ones, Ive used one in the middle of the large flower, and the rest Ive stuck amoung the punched out leaves that I layered on first with some silicone glue. I also hung a crown from the large flower.