Friday 9 October 2009

One card two Challenges


Im afraid Im going to cheat again today with one card being eligable for two challenges, Im sorry Ive not been to visit you yesterday or so far today, Ive been in so much pain over the last 4 days that I was forced to go and see the doctor today, anyway hes diagnosed that Im probably still suffering from the gas that they pump into your stomach before the op I had on Monday, its not being released properly. Im not convinced of that but will try anything to get rid of the pain, so Ive bought some of that Yougart thats supposed to do the trick, I will let you know if it works.

Anyway getting back to blogging, todays card is for both the Cute Card Thursday Challenge which is "Charming" and the Stampin up for the weekend Challenge which is "Brown, Green and Orange" colours to be used. Ive used one of Mo Mannings gorgeous digi stamps again for this one, its a cheeky little chappy dressed in his pumpkin suit for Halloween (now I can hear you complaining that I wasnt going to make anymore Halloween cards, but guess what I just had to use this little fellow). Anyway Ive coloured him using my copic pens, then cut him out with my rotatrim and edged around the edge with some chalk ink. The greeting is one of MF Crystal Clear Stamps, this I have stamped on to white card then punched it out with my pumpkin Nestabilitie die, Ive then used the same die to draw around the edge on some orange card to create the mount and then stuck them together with some foam tape. I also used the same orange card for the image.

The base card is a 8"x 8" white card, before I go on, I actually use Rymans A3 card for this and cut it down to an 8"x 8" size, I use the same card in the A4 size for my stamped images and my printed digi images, its a good card thats got a smooth surfice which is ideal for the copic pens and for stamping on, its a 160gsm weight. Onto this base card I have layered up for my first layer a piece of the same orange card and one of four papers that Ive printed from the Bearly Mine Extreme Vol.III Designs of Donna's, these are some of her Halloween papers.

The second layer is a piece of dark green card that Ive layered up with a two tone green paper, and down one edge I have stuck two more of the papers that Ive punched along the edges with my pumpkin border punch from Martha Stewart.

This was then stuck to the base card and a brown ribbon was wrapped around the middle then stuck to the back of the first layer, the mounted image was then stuck to the right hand side, and my greeting to the left. Ive then used the same papers to punch out two large and three small flowers and moulded them with my ball tool. Then with some brown pearlescent paper Ive punched out several fern leaves and then arranged them in a circle and then popped my flower on top, before putting it there Ive hung a pumpkin charm from the flower.

24 comments:

Donnas Den said...

Lovely card, Shirley. Hope you feel better soon.

Donna

Kimmi said...

Evening Shirley...

I hope the pain goes away soon :( no fun being in a crampy pain and I've been there with the gas that they pump into you twice now - not very nice...

As for your card, its wonderful. I really love the image and the layout and design is fabulous - Great papers :D

Thank you for playing along with us at Stampin' for the Weekend. We hope you had fun, and that you come and join in again soon :D Good Luck

Kimmi xx

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Shirley sorry to hear you are still suffering I do hope that the yoghurt helps. As for this card it is brilliant love the image and the charm it fabulous.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Claireabelle said...

Gorgeous card Shirley, sorry to hear your still not feeling 100%. Hope the yoghurt stuff works
xx

Elaine said...

Gorgeous card, Shirley!

Hope you're feeling better soon. x

brenda said...

Hi Shirley

Nothing wrong with combining them and a very nice card it is too.

Did not realise you had been unwell, afraid I have been a bit of a bad blogger this week and a bit behind on news.

It's not a nice procedure, I had it done a couple of years ago, hope you are soon feeling better.

b x

Christine said...

Wow Shirley this is gorgeous your colouring with copics is great cant get on with mine...fab DP's love it all.

Hugs Christine xx
ps. hope you soon feel better...

Unknown said...

Thanks for joining us at SFTW, I love your card, that image is on my list that seems to be ever growing longer, fab colouring.

Good luck and thanks again for joining us.

Fiona xx

Rach said...

A gorgoeus card Shirley, love how you have coloured the pumpkin, looks fabulous. hope that your pain eases soon and that the yoghurt works.. hugs rachxx

Vanja said...

Hi Shirley! This is a fabulous halloween card! I love the cute image and your colouring is perfect. Gorgeous papers and flower. I love the pumpkin charm.
Thank you for joining us this week at SFTW and good luck! :)
Hugs, Vanja

Vanja said...

PS. I hope the pain goes away, soon. :)

Hugs, Vanja

Nancy said...

This is a gorgeous card, Shirley:O) I love the adorable Mo image, wonderful colouring. The DP's are beautiful, fabulous layout and design.
Thank you for joining us at Stampin' for the weekend this week, good luck!
Nancy;O)

Denise said...

This is just absolutely charming Shirley! Love that image, so cute!

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning my lovely. I hope you are feeling a litle bit better this morning my dear friend. I am loving your last halloween card Shirely that baby in his costume is just so adorable!!! Loving the other card too, thos images my Mo' are just fabulous aren't they?

Big hugs Hun Linda x

Saskia said...

So beautiful and so cute!! Lovely work!!

Enjoy the weekend!

Saskia :)

cats whiskers said...

Great card just adore that image and your colouring is perfect Shirley, hope you both have a great weekend dear
Hugs Jacqui x

debby4000 said...

Oh he is adorable, love the fabulous card.
Do hope the yogurt works.
luv
Debby

Sandie said...

What a gorgeous card Shirley!! That image is just adorable, I love it!!

Thanks so much for joining us on SFTW this week :) Good luck

Sorry to hear you are in pain, been there with that particular issue only I had it all trapped in my shoulder.. not nice!! Take it easy and I hope you get some relief soon.

michele said...

Hello Shirley,

I do hope that you are feeling better soon. Feeling yucky is a right pain. I just love everything you've been making recently, especially the little baby in the pink show with white glitter. It is just adorable.

Also, just wanted to say Extremely Crafty is back and thank you for all of your warm wishes. I really appreciated them.
Michele x

Denise Clark said...

Shirley, I've put you on my prayer list. Pain makes the days very difficult. So I pray for you to be pain free.

Love your little pumpkin guy! So cute! The charm is perfect for this!

KriskropMemories said...

Wonderful card. Truly hope you are feeling better soon.

Cheers

Unknown said...

Beautiful card Shirley, thanks for joining us this week on CCT.
Caz
x

Leann said...

Gorgeous card Shirley!
I'm on CCT duty at the mo - I'll come back for a peek at all your other yummies later!
Hope the pain has eased off now & you're feeling better :)
Biggest Hugs x

crafty amy said...

Hiya again Shirley :D
Wow this is such a brilliant card I do love these Mo images so much.
I hope that you are feeling better :(
Thank you for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

X Amy X