Thursday 22 October 2009

Mo's Challenge and Cute Card Thursday Challenge



Im sorry but Ive combined two challenges together again this week, Mo's Mannings 3rd Challenge is anything but a card, and Cute Card Thursday's Challenge is anything Candy, so Ive used this cute gorgeous image of Bella and Bronte fishing around in their Christmas Stockings to cover I hope both of these challenges, theres lots of candy on the floor and and inside on the lost leaf theres some more with the cheeky Santas Helpers, and for my Cheek Ive created a Christmas List for Mo's Challenge, so its a bit of a poetic licence this week, I hope that this will be accepted by both camps.

The main image was printed from my computer and coloured with my copic pens and some crystal glitter on the fluffy edges of the stockings, as was the small image inside. Ive then cut them both out and mounted them onto a piece of red card. For my base card/folder Ive cut a 8"x 8" white base card and cut out a piece for the pocket, of plain card to fit inside my folder.

Then I printed four pieces of the same paper for all the main surfices, and mounted them all onto red card. The inside one is cut at a slant to make the pocket and mounted on the right hand leaf. On the lost leaf Ive mounted my Santa's Helpers.
On the front of my card Ive used three different papers all from the Nitwit Downloads, sorry I meant to say what papers they were, anyway on all of these ones Ive used my EK Success Fir Tree border punch and layered them up one on top of the other and then positioned it across the middle of the front leaf. Ive then used a fifth paper on another piece of red card for the mount across the top of the last three, and wrapped a piece of wired ribbon and stuck it to the back. Then Ive mounted my coloured image with some foam tape on top of this, and the sentiment strip was positioned below to the left. This was printed from my computer.

To finish of Ive used three poinsetta's and some punched out fern leaves to create the flower arrangement at the top on the left. I should also comment that for some unknown reason my camera really doesnt do a very good job of showing the shadowing of my colouring so please forgive me for that, if I use my newer camera with more pixels, it makes it more difficult for me to adjust the sizing, Im not a photographer Im sorry to say.

28 comments:

dolcreations said...

Shirley..I love this! I love that adorable image you have coloured up so beautifully! I love your list in the inside! How cute is that! I have problems all the time taking pictures! I think your picture turned out fine!
Have a great day,
Christine

Audrey said...

wow! i love everything about this card!

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

What a beautiful Christmas card! I love the little pocket :)

coldwaters2 said...

Oh wow Shirley what a stunner, you have coloured that image perfectly love your papers and design and I see the flower queen has done the most wonderful display of flowers I love it.....I do hope you are feeling tons better now.

Hugs Lorraine x

SYLVIA-ANNE said...

Wow Shirley this is scrumptious! Love the rich colours, and the inside is just a fabulous as the outside!
Love, Sylvia xxxxxxxxx

Elaine L. said...

Shirley, This is wonderful! Thanks for playing along with us in Mo's challenge this week.

Unknown said...

Love the image, it is soo cute and coloured to perfection!!
Good news about your grandson and to know that he is home safe,
hugs Angela x

Stefanie`s Bastelecke said...

Wow, what a wonderful card, i`m enthused. Fantastic Christmas colours, sweet motive, this card is perfect !!!

Hugs, Stefanie

Mandy said...

Shirley this is Stunning. Your colouring is beautiful as always, love your embellies and the pocket on the inside, truly fabulous
hugs Mandy xx

Deb said...

beautiful card, fabulous papers and the cutest image! love all the work on the inside too! Thank you for joining in the CCT challenge! hugs Debx

Lisa said...

Very pretty work! thanks for joining us at Mo's Challenge this week!

The Wired Angel said...

Great job Shirley... this would be great to keep track of everyone's Christmas list.. and all the receipts. Thanks for participating in Mo's challenge this week. This is too cute and your coloring is wonderful.

Tab said...

oooh hun, I love your delish card, the colours and image are gorgeous!
Hugs Tab xxx

cats whiskers said...

Fabulous card shirley what great colouring I love uyour work with Mos images
Hugs Jacqui x

Poppy said...

great card Shirley, love the pocket inside.
poppy

Sheila said...

Shirley, I love your Bella & Bronte Christmas list Thankds for joining us this week on Mo's challenge.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card, thanks for joining us this week on Cute Card Thursday.
Caz
x

Karla Sue said...

This is really cute Shirley! Pocket could be used for so many things! Thank you for taking part in the challenge at Mo's!
Hugs,Karla Sue

Christine said...

Ohhh Shirley this is soo sweet..sorry for the pun...LOL gorgeous image & colouring, brill layout & DPs... love it.

Hugs Christine xx

Lavender and old lace said...

this card is beautiful what a nice image
and the colouring is lovely the inside is a brilliant idea makes it into more of a gift I love it,love Dorothyxxx

Cathy said...

I love your projects. Can I see a close up of the inside on your blog? Wonderful. Thanks for playing in the Challenge!

Caroljenks said...

Gorgeous! Your colouring of Mo's image is fab :)

Carol x

Jilli said...

Fab project! Gorgeous image, coloured beautifully and pretty papers. Jillix

Debbie said...

A super Christmas card Shirley, I love the pocket detail inside and the image is just adorable. Debbie x

Annie said...

Adorable image and so beautifully coloured. thanks for joining in the fun with us at CCT this week. hugs, annie x

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

A fab project!! Thank you for joining Mo's Challenge this week x

Rachael said...

This turned out beautiful!!!

Spyder said...

Wow, I missed this one too!Best Christmas ard I've seen in ages, it's truly lovely, everything about it is perfect!
(Lyn)