Friday 16 October 2009

Two Challenges one Card - Just Magnolia and Stampin for the Weekend


I must apologise for using the one card for both challenges this week, as I of out tomorrow to visit my middle daughter and her four children. Im really excited about that as I havent seen them since June and although they only live ninetynine miles away it always takes us about three hours to get there, and Ive missed them so much.

Ive used one of the Tilda Butterfly images which has been masked and a background has been put behind her, I have used this particular image before but as I had it in my stash I thought I would use it for this weeks Just Magnolia Challenge which is Bright and Zingy, which I hope it appears that way to you, and the Stampin for the Weekends Sketch. After colouring the image Ive mounted it onto a piece of yellow card with some foam tape. The sentiment is a Hero Arts one thats been mounted in the same way.

The Base card is a 8"x 8" white card, with the first layer being cut in two, with a yellow top halve and a lilac bottom, these have both been mounted on to yellow and mauve pearlescent card. The second layer is a piece of the same mauve card with a third pattern on, I should have said that I used the Bearly Mine Extreme Designs for this card, I also used two smaller pieces of the first papers to make up the two small square just behind my image. Im not sure if Ive not cheated a bit with this sketch as Ive made it square but I think the original is a oblong sketch, I do so hope it will qualify for the challenge.

I then positioned my stamped image in the centre and my sentiment to the right hand side at the bottom, and to finish of Ive created some flowers from some of the left over papers and then stuck a bee charm from the bottom one, and with some punched out leaves stuck into a circle and then the flowers popped on top. The last thing Ive done is stick some pearl brads to the top and bottom opposite corners.

25 comments:

Rach said...

a gorgeous bright and zingy card Shirley. brilliant job with the masking.
Enjoy your weekend with your family..
hugs rachxx

Lisa said...

Hi Shirley, Gorgeous card! I love the pretty colours and this is such a sweet Tilda.

Hope you have a lovely time visiting your daughter and grandchildren.

Lisa x

dolcreations said...

This card is awesome. Great entry for the challenge. Did you see the Magnolia Down Under DT call. You should go for it.
Have a fantastic weekend with your family,
Christine

Christine said...

Ohhh this is gorgoeus Shirley Love all the masking brill colour combo fab image..

Hugs Christine xx

Kirsten...x said...

Hi Shirley love the card so colourful and the image is coloured beautifuly...x

Hope you have a lovely weekend with your family..x

hugs kirsten...x

Unknown said...

Beautiful colouring, such a pretty card,

Hope you have a lovely weekend with your family!!

hugs Angela x

Nancy said...

This card is stunning, Shirley:O) Love the pretty colours, Tilda is adorable, and the masking is brilliant. You have done a great take on Amy's sketch.
Thank you for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend this week, good luck!
Nancy;O)

coldwaters2 said...

Oh Shirley this is quite stunning and definitely zingy I adore the design and papers you have used the flowers are gorgeous.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Amanda said...

Wow Shirley,

I love those papers and the flowers they are so bright and match really well.
Thank you, you have brightened my day.
Amanda

Swaantje said...

Good morning Shirley,
your card with Tilda is so cute.
I love the colours and your wonderful colouring of the sweet Tilda.
Thanks for your lovley comment on my blog.
I' happy ;o)

Have a nice weekend.
Hugs
Swaani

mueppi said...

Good morning my dear Shirley
Your card is again quite enchanting!
The motive, the colors and the papers fit together well again!
I wish you a wonderful weekend, and with many new ideas!
Best regards and big hugs from Düsseldorf
your friend Gisela

Unknown said...

Lovely card Shirley.....have a nice day with your daughter and grandkids......hugs Nikki xx

cats whiskers said...

Oh I just love this card Shirley, fabulous bright and zingy colours and great Tilda image
Hugs Jacqui

Saskia said...

Lovely colours on your beautiful card!

Saskia :)

Mina said...

wow Shirley gorgeous card just perfect for the challenge...love the colours together...pretty flowers too...thanks for joining in with the Just Magnolia challenge
Mina xxx

debbies said...

Bright and zingy for sure and what a great sentiment!

Vanja said...

Gorgeous card, Shirley! I love the cute image and the flowers.
Thank you for joining us at SFTW and good luck! :)

Hugs, Vanja

Jamee said...

your card is super cute. i love your coloring :)

crafty amy said...

Oh wow Shirley I love your take on my sketch! The masking is brilliant and you have coloured her so perfectly :D Also I love that little charm it is just so cute.
Thank you for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

X Amy X

hobbyvita said...

Shirley loves good morning,
the map has become wonderful sometimes again. The background creation is a dream with the different colors and patterns.

LG

Birsel

Unknown said...

Lovely card, Tilda is so colourful just what we need as the evenings are getting darker and longer.
Thanks for taking the time to join us at SFTW, good luck/
Fi xxxx

Di said...

WOW love your take on the sketch, fab card hun!!
Thanks for joining SFTW this week

Di x

Bev said...

Beautiful! You sure got the bright and zingy hun, another truly fabulous card xx

Julie said...

What a lovely and colourful card. I love this sweet tilda image

Love Julie x

Kimmi said...

Gorgeous card Shirley. I love the colours together and your little Tilda is so sweet!

Thank you for playing along with us at Stampin' for the Weekend! Good Luck!

Kimmi x