Thursday 6 August 2009

Cute Card Thursday - Red and Teal Colour Scheme


Well todays card is rather a striking colour scheme but this is what Ive come up with. Ive used another of the Mo Manning Digi Stamps, this one is absolutely my hubbys favourite, he loves anything to do with trains, so thought this image was ideal for a birthday card for him.

Ive printed the image out and coloured it with my copic pens, then cut it out with my rotatrim, but before mounting it onto teal coloured pearlescent card I distressed the edge with a teal coloured inkpad. I also at the same time printed a sentiment greeting in teal from my computer and mounted this also onto a piece of the same coloured pearlescent card.

The base card is a 8"x 8" white card, with a piece of red pearlescent card for the first layer I have used one of the three papers from the Bearly Mine Cds that I printed off to use for the card. The second layer is a Teal coloured one and Ive used the engine border punch from Martha Stewart, on top of this is a third layer, this one is of another piece of the red card with a red piece of patterned paper stuck on it.

On top of this third layer I have stuck with foam tape the mounted image, under this I have also put the greeting. To finish of I have stuck four engine buttons across the bottom.

14 comments:

Linnie said...

This is brilliant shirley loving your colour scheme
luv
linnie

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

I love all of your designs! Love the color scheme!

Poppy said...

gorgeous card Shirley, love the image.
very nice colour combo.
poppy

Rach said...

Love this image Shirley and you have coloured it beautifully.. a wonderful card. hugs rachxx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Shirley,i love the image and colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Leann said...

Gorgeous card Shirley, beautifully coloured :)
Hugs x

michele said...

Passing another award to you that Lyn of Spyder's Corner passed to me.

Kim Dellow said...

Gorgeous Shirley, I do love this image and i love how you have coloured him. Isn't great? Kim

dolcreations said...

This is really nice. I love the train border that you used for your card...how perfect is that for this image. I really like what you have done with this colour scheme we had to use!
Christine

debby4000 said...

Isn't he fantastic, I brought him too. You've done a brilliant job with him, stunning card.
luv
Debby

cats whiskers said...

Wow dear your colouring is fantastic and you have done Mos'image complete justice dear, you must be over the moon with it. Have a great weekend sweetie
Hugs Jacqui x

Chris said...

Gorgeous card Shirley, I love the image, perfect for the men in our lives :). Beautiful colouring and design too. Can I ask where you get your 8x8 card blanks or do you make them yourself? Hope you have a good weekend. Chris x

Unknown said...

Shirley I love this card. I have searched my shed upside down for TEAL, but no luck. Good luck with the challenge my friend. Hugs Avril xx

Unknown said...

Wow, this is fab. Love it. Thanks for joining us this week on the CCT Challenge Blog.
Caz
x