Sunday 9 August 2009

A Christening Card for Luke


I have been trying to design a Christening Card in my head for a little lads Christening on the 23rd August, and as hes now almost a year old I felt that some of the images that you normally see were just a bit young for him. As Luke has an older brother I thought that the most appropriate image I could use is this one by Mo Manning, of two brothers sitting side by side and the older one reading him a story, I sincerely hope you like what Ive come up with.

The base card is a 8"x 8" white card, with a white and silver foil design for the first layer, on top of this I have layered up another piece of silver mirri board with a embossed white card, this was stuck to the right hand side of the card. For the other mount I have used another smaller piece of mirri board and wrapped two pieces of ribbon around it and stuck them to the back, this was then stuck to the left hand side of the card, then I tied a knot with a smaller piece of the same blue ribbon around the smaller one.

For the main image I have used the Mo Manning image and coloured it with my copic pens, after which I cut it out with my rotatrim and mounted this onto silver mirri board, this was then stuck on the white embossed card on the right. For the sentiment I have used a appropriate greeting and using silver embossing powder embossed it onto another piece of white card, cut it out and mounted this also onto silver mirri board which was then stuck below the main mount.

10 comments:

dolcreations said...

wow..this is stunning. The silver just makes it! Great job!
Christine

Riet said...

What a beautiful card Shirley,i love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

Such a sweet card...was a treasure!

Tab said...

Gorgeous card, love the image and all the embellishments are delish!
Hugs Tab xxx

Rach said...

gorgeous sweetie, a fabulous card. hugs rachxx

cats whiskers said...

Oh Shirley this is just stunning what a perfgect christening card it will make and your colouring is just Awesome dear, I am off to have another look at this masterpiece
Hugs Jacqui x

Unknown said...

This is Stunning, the christening day is the same day as my grandson's 2nd birthday. I love the image you have used. Hugs Avril xx

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, wonderful image and love the touch of silver.
luv
Debby

Ali Dantre said...

Oh Shirley, this is absolutely right on up there poppet. I love everything about it. You're so clever and always mix your colour combo's so well.

Big Hugs My Friend
Sorry for my lack of visits been rather biz sweetie. will email soon.
Big Huggles
Lisa.xxxx

Paula said...

What a beautiful card Shirly such fab detail and a lovely layout.
Paula xxxx