Wednesday 19 August 2009

My First Halloween Card


Well its certainly been a busy morning, Ive just finished mowing the grass and Im absolutely shattered, anyway I thought it was time I posted a card, and Ive chosen two of the new Halloween Pink Gem Designs from Janet Roberts, the little lad is called Devil Max and Ive also given him Witchy Cat, and I felt it was a good combination for one of my grandsons.

Ive stamped them out onto white card and coloured them with my Copic Pens, after which Ive cut them out with my rotatrim and with some dark blue inkpad distressed it around the edge. After which Ive mounted him onto a piece of dark blue pearlescent card. I then printed a greeting from my computer and done a similar mounting with this.

The base card is a 8"x 8" white card with a piece of extra dark blue pearlescent card and one of three Halloween papers from Nitwit Downloads, the first one is a text one, and the second layer is a bat paper and with this and the third paper a star paper Ive used the Bat border punch along the edges, these two were stuck across the centre and down the middle of the base layer.

Ive then stuck my mounted image onto the centre panel, and the greeting below on the right hand side at the bottom. To finish of I have stuck some star gems down the either side on the bat paper panel.

16 comments:

Saskia said...

WOW!!! Great card... lovely images and details!!!

Saskia :)

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

What an adorable Halloween card!!

debby4000 said...

Oh what a fabulous card, love the cute image and gorgeous colours.
Luv
Debby

Marcea said...

cute card, wow you are organised!!!!
-x-

Poppy said...

lovely card as usual Shirley. I love halloween cards.
poppy

Saskia said...

Shirley,

Thanks for entering at my 'summer candy'!! Good luck!

Sweet greetings,
Saskia :)

coldwaters2 said...

Great card as always Shirley love that image and your colour combo and design is great.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Shirley,i love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

dolcreations said...

This card is just adorable. I love the image and the colours. wow..great job!
Christine

Chris said...

Gorgeous card Shirley, it's the most perfect Halloween card! I love Janet's new designs, they're so sweet and your colouring and papers are perfect! I know your grandson will adore it. Hugs, Chris x

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

Stunning card sweet Shirley!!
The papers and the coloring of this image is just amazing. totally cute :-)
Hugs Claudia

Linanna DESIGNS said...

GOOD morning Shirley, wow hunny what a truly lovely card, you grandson is going to love this! well done you for being so organized, i wish i could say the same hunny! hugs Linda x

Janet said...

Wow Fabulous Shirley....love it!!xx

Paula said...

Oh what a fabulous halloween card Shirly the image is fantastic.
Paula xxxx

Rach said...

oh Shirley this is an adorable image, great colours hugs Rachxx

Bev said...

Brilliant! Love the cute image and how perfectly the papers co-ordinate. Magic!! x