Friday 14 August 2009

Stampin for the Weekend Challenge - Days gone By


This weeks challenge means that you have to create a card with a vintage look, Ive tried to colour my Sarah Kay image with some distressed inks, not sure its been to successful but Im not going to worry about it to much (her hair is a rather striking red colour, dont you think), I also used some of the ink to distress the edges. After colouring her Ive cut her out with my rotatrim and mounted her onto a piece of dark red card. I also stamped a greeting onto white card and mounted this in the same was as the stamped image.

The base card this time is a 7.50"x 7.50" base card, and onto this I have layered up a piece of the same red card, and one of the Bearly Mine Designs, these are from the first Extreme Designs Cd. I have actually used four of the papers, and the first one Ive used whole, and stuck this to the base mount. The other layers have all been torn along the edge and layered up and with the last one Ive used a pink inkpad just to finish of the edge.

I then stuck some lace around the base layer and stuck it to the back. The mounted image was then stuck in the centre, and the sentiments was positioned to the right hand side at the bottom of the card.

To finish of Ive created two flowers with some punched out leaves, which were stuck to the card with some silicone glue and two mulberry flowers from Hobbycrafts, which were stuck on top.

17 comments:

Saskia said...

Hello Shirley,

Wow... this card is so sweet!!!! Beautiful work!!

Greetings,
Saskia :)

Nancy said...

OH this is gorgeous, Shirley:O) That Sarah Kay image is perfect to this card, great painted. I love her hair! Love the beautiful papers and colours. The lace is stunning. Lovely take on the vintage challenge.
Thank you for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend, good luck!
Nancy;O)

Janet said...

A lovely card Shirley and it looks very vintage!X

Tab said...

Oh sweetie your card is gorgeous! Just love everything about it!
Hugs Tab xxx

Paula said...

Wow Shirley this is stunning such fabulous colours and details.
Paula xxxx

Rach said...

gorgeous Shirley, love her hair. looks wonderful. hugs rachxx

Unknown said...

Shirley this is as usual "awesome" love the Red Hair, I love Sarah Kay....always have...Hugs to you my friend. Avril xxx

Vicki said...

Shirley this is beautiful, you've done a great job of colouring her with your Distress Inks, beautiful choice of papers and I love the flowers and foliage. Thank you for joining in with this weeks SFTW challenge, good luck xx vicki xx

Donna said...

A beautiful card once again Shirley, love the Sarah Kay stamp you've used.......I've not got a chance to use mine yet, but one day....who knows. Love how you've layered the papers and the distressing you've done on them, the flowers are gorgeous, and I have the same lace.......it looks good.
Thank you for participating in the "Stampin' for the Weekend" challenge again this week.. Good luck and we hope you'll continue to join in on the challenges on a weekly basis. Have a great day.
Donna xx

coldwaters2 said...

Wow Shirley this is just a wonderful creation the colours I love to bits and I do so love the vintage style and you have done it perfectly the image is a pure beauty just like you.

Hugs
Lorraine x

Spyder said...

aw this cards just tooooo perfect I love it! Love those ferny-type leaves, is that a puch or something else
. I really think this is a gorgeous gorgeous card!

((Lyn))

Sheila said...

Hiya Shirley.
I love your days gone by card for the challenge this week, it's just adorable... I love her red!! hair, it's just fabulous.
Thanks for joining SFTW on this weeks challenge and also thank you for your lovely comment you left for me on my blog today too.
Hugs
Sheila xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Shirley,i love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Juls said...

gorgeous! Love the colours you have chosen.

Vanja said...

Such a beautiful card! I really love how you coloured the cute SK image. Gorgeous papers and flowers.
Thank you for joining us at SFTW and good luck! :)
Vanja

Kimmi said...

Beautiful card Shirley. I love this little image and her hair is amazing! Its so vibrant!
Love your layout and the papers are gorgeous!

Thank you for playing along with us at Stampin' for the Weekend. We hope you had fun and that you join us again soon. Good Luck.

Kimmi

crafty amy said...

What a gorgeous card I love those flowers and the image is adorable just perfect for this challenge :D
Thank you for joining us at stampin' for the weekend and good luck.

X Amy X