Monday 3 August 2009

Danu's First Birthday Party



My husband went yesterday to his granddaughters first birthday party, it was a picnic in the park for her and her little friends. Unfortunately I didnt go for personal reasons, but by the looks of things I did miss a lovely time from what the photo's show.

Ive made this card for her as a sort of apology and to show how much I think of her as a wonderful mother to her daughter. The card has been made using the new Digital Pencil Downloads by Mo Manning, they are absolutely beautiful and I carnt tell you how lovely they are to work with, if you click on the side bar you will be taken to the website to look at the images for sale.

Ive used the Summer Baby one with the Accessories, I printed it then coloured it with my copic pens, it was then cut out with my rotatrim and mounted onto dark blue pearlescent card. The base card a 8"x 8" size white card and was created from a sketch I found on one of blogs I visit, hope they dont mind me pinching their ideas.

Ive used the Nitwit Downloads papers this one is called Splash and I felt it was appropriate for this image, Ive used four of the designs and mounted them using green card, pink pearlescent and more of the dark blue pearlescent card. Then Ive stuck them to the base card using glue and foam tape, after which I have stuck two pieces of ribbon across and down the card.

The sentiment was printed from my computer with a message I felt was right for the card. The top photo shows my husband with his daughter and granddaughter.

10 comments:

Kimmi said...

Beautiful card, and I love that image. I will have to go and look in on these fab new Digital Stamps. Beautiful colours, and the photo is lovely!

Hugs

Kimmi x

Rach said...

Gorgeous Shirley, i am sure that it was well received.. arn't mo's images brilliant... hope that you are ok sweetie. hugs rachxx

Rach said...

me again.. lol
just wanted to thank you sweetie for entering my blog candy.. good luck. hugs rachxx

Poppy said...

lovely card Shirley, bet she loved it. hope your ok.
poppy

Janet said...

Beautiful card Shirley and I am sure it was very appreciated even though you couldn't be there.x

trudette said...

Congrats with your grandchilds first birthday , you made a lovely card !

Unknown said...

Shirley what a beautiful grand-daughter, grandad looks really proud, I love the card, what a lot of time and effort, I am sure Mum will appreciate it. Hope all is well my friend. Hugs Avril xxx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card and photo Shirley.

hugs Riet.x

Zoe said...

Hello Shirley, Thank you for entering my blog candy.
love
Zoe
xxxx

debby4000 said...

Fabulous card, beautiful image aren't they fab.
luv
Debby