Friday 7 August 2009

Just Magnolia Challenge


Im sorry for not getting around today visiting my fellow bloggers, its been one of those days. Ive been really busy and Im still trying to catch myself on the way back. Anyway heres my card for the Just Magnolia Challenge this week, I did take a few hours getting it created and finally finishing it of, so I do apologise for that.

The images are from the new Tilda Summer stamps, actually they only arrived this morning and they needed mounting before I could use them, thats one of the reasons I got so behind with everything. I used the sea background, which I stamped onto a separate piece of card to the surfing Tilda, and coloured both with my copic pens. The brief for this card was that it had to have a pocket in the front to pop a tag behind, so after Id coloured Tilda I layered her up on a piece of blue pearlescent card and then cut around the top to make it stand out. I then used some foam tape and attached it to the background leaving a gap for my tag.

The base card is another of my 8"x 8" cards, this was created from a A3 piece of card, I then for the first mount used a piece of blue card and (I used the Nitwit download papers, these are called Splash) the first paper, the second layer is another of the patterned papers with another piece of the same blue card. For the third layer I have used a yellow design and my beach EK Success border punch and then stuck the paper on top of the second layer.

The stamped mounted image was then stuck in the centre of this paper, and underneath I have stamped a greeting and cut it out with my oval Nestabilitie die, inked it around the edge and then cut a large oval for its mount.

To finish of the card I have used some paper flowers with some pretty brads through the centre's, on the middle one I have stuck a yellow rose, to try and give it a bit more height. The last couple of things I have done are, firstly to stick some pearl gems to two of the corners, and made up a quick tag with a bit of left over paper, and punched out tag with a ribbon through a hole at the top and popped it in the pocket behind the image.

16 comments:

100drine said...

Oh très jolie scène que tu as créé, bravo 1000 fois, magnifique !!!!

Kimmi said...

Beautiful card Shirley. I love this stamp. Not inked mine yet lol..

Hugs
Kimmi x

Jamee said...

your card is so adorable! i love that image and the flowers are beautiful.

Riet said...

Wowww Shirley,what a gorgeous card,i love the image and colours.

Hugs Riet.x

Rach said...

fantastic Shirley. i love your take on the sketch... great papers and details sweetie.. they all go so well together. enjoy your weekend. hugs rachxx

Unknown said...

Shirley this is FANTASTIC what a lot off work, but so worth it....I love the Tilda Summer stamps they are so cute. Love the papers and the sentiment. Hugs Avril xxx

Claireabelle said...

Wow, this is fabulous Shirley. I love your colouring in. A gorgeous card
x

Vanessa @ See Vanessa Craft said...

Such a sweet card...love the stamp!

Jules said...

Hi Shirley

Awww ..... your card is just so cute.

I can see why it took such a long time to make. So much detail.

Your border punch is just perfect for this project.

Have a great weekend Shirley.

Love Jules xx

Spyder said...

Love this card! Such a sweet Tilda, she's one of my favourites and on my ever growing wish-list!

((Lyn))

Ali Dantre said...

Hey sweetie, I see you have been making some beautiful creations again. I love your cards Shirley.
Im so sorry Iv been a quiet girl for a while. I will answer your beaut mail.
For now I have something for you hunni on my blog...please accept it with Love

Hugs
Lisa.xxx

Unknown said...

this is so cute love the colours
hugs nikki x

Anna said...

So pretty!

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, wonderful Tilda and fab colours.
luv
Debby

Carolyn said...

Your card is darling Shirley. I love your attention to detail.
Hugs xx
Carolyn

cats whiskers said...

This is a beautiful card Shirley stunning colouring and great papers
Hugs Jacqui x